480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those of you who have the current year entered into your DSLR for EXIF data, make sure you update it today or tomorrow!

Good pointer. I have a question though. Does it matter if it doesn't put the date on the photo anyway and everything after like 1933 or something is automatically copyrighted? how does that actually work as pertaining to your date.

For those of you who have the current year entered into your DSLR for EXIF data, make sure you update it today or tomorrow!

Thanks, but don't mess with it. Got tons of cams. Dates are all different. I put my effort in the pix not the date or geo facts. But I will say having a date for a pix sometimes comes come in handy. But it is not me.

Good pointer. I have a question though. Does it matter if it doesn't put the date on the photo anyway and everything after like 1933 or something is automatically copyrighted? how does that actually work as pertaining to your date.

I'm referring to EXIF data insertion. My cameras allow a comment, as well as a specific copyright line. I use "Copyright 2015 Imagination Images of Iowa".

Yes, you have an automatic copyright per US law. However, that alone carries no method of enforcement. You must register your images with the USCO if you want to legally pursue infringers.

It's complicated to say when particular rules took effect. Probably 1910 for this rule in the US with the adoption of the BAC. Though the full Berne Convention was not adopted in the US till 1988:

Berne Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm referring to EXIF data insertion. My cameras allow a comment, as well as a specific copyright line. I use "Copyright 2015 Imagination Images of Iowa".

Yes, you have an automatic copyright per US law. However, that alone carries no method of enforcement. You must register your images with the USCO if you want to legally pursue infringers.
two of mine allow copyright in exif data. And I will update them. But I do wonder why I bother...

Huh...I would have thought the camera updated the date automatically.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

Some people put the date in the copyright or comment section of the exif on the camera. If you haven't don't that move along nothing to see here ;)

Thanks for the info.

Some people put the date in the copyright or comment section of the exif on the camera. If you haven't don't that move along nothing to see here ;)

Not all cameras have that ability. And even if they do, there's no requirement that the owner of said camera uses that feature.

Thanks for the info.

Not all cameras have that ability. And even if they do, there's no requirement that the owner of said camera uses that feature.
the data can be stripped so easily it almost seems a waste. I suppose putting in our exif data could make us feel better on some odd level. I would be more interested in being able to time and date my family photos but the only cameras I have that will do that are the point and shoots. I am still in shock the Nikons don't time and date for a option (least the ones I have)

Thanks for the info.
nope. Even my point and shoots don't keep up with daylight savings time for the time stamps (least mine don't). Maybe if I turned on geotags it would update automatically but the geotag kills the battery prematurely I think. . I actually just went in and changed one back a hour. Not sure why they bother asking you for your time zone when it doesn't reset a hour back or forward on their own. Cameras are stupid.

Phones are smart, cameras are stupid...I'm confused.

the data can be stripped so easily it almost seems a waste. I suppose putting in our exif data could make us feel better on some odd level. I would be more interested in being able to time and date my family photos but the only cameras I have that will do that are the point and shoots. I am still in shock the Nikons don't time and date for a option (least the ones I have)

Why is it when one start a thread with the words, "For those of you who....", those who DON'T are more apt to respond? And so negatively?

It's obvious this thread isn't going to help you as it's not intended for you.

Most reactions

Back