Cheap Film...

Weaving Wax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there anywhere I can buy film cheap online? The places I've seen sell a roll of film for the same price as the stores around here, is there anywhere online that sells film cheaper than $4.00 a roll or is that about as low as I'm going to get for anything decent?

Try ebay.

You will probably find tons of deals on both current and expired films. I bought all my films from ebay and I got great deals.

I would not necessarily stay away from expired films as long as they have been properly stored. It is true that each film has an expiration date. But it seems to me that humidity, temperature, and light have a much stronger effect on film quality. As long as the chemicals on the film is not reacting with anything (most notably light), there should not be any change to the quality as time passes. So I wouldn't really worry about films that are expired recently. :D

when i get my movie i don't buy them for 20$ i go to this india store near my house and they sell it for 3$ but it's burned of course but still good quality

You just admited you support pirates! For shame!

Try ebay.

G'ah!

Use caution when buying film on Ebay. I'd avoid overseas shippers at all costs. Often you will find that your film has been xrayed once or twice by the time you get it. This is not an admonition of any overseas vendors, but rather of our customs folks.

I bought $50 worth of film from an overseas vendor last year, and every last bit of it was garbage by the time I got it.

I'll second the suggestion of Arista films from Freestyle.

I'm looking at my Freestyle catalog right now, and Arista film is listing for as low as $1.49 for 35mm and $1.29 for 120 Size

Arista is what I buy for large format, too. 25 sheets of 8x10 film for less than $35 when everyone else is over $70 for the same thing. Quality is very goo, too. It does have a lower silver content some other films, but it is marketed to students and educational programs, so they keep their prices pretty low to appeal to those segments.

For comparison in the same catalog, Ilford 35mm Delta Pro 100 is $295 per roll and the 120 Delta 100 is $2.89 and I would rate these films as equals.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back