Cheap point and shoot for timelapse

grant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm shooting a time-lapse of myself for an experimental project I'm doing. I'm gonna set up a camera with a few lights around it to get things consistent. I'm looking for a cheap point and shoot camera to use, something with self timer and manual exposure. Anyone have any recommendations? Maybe a camera that you liked that's a few years old now? Something under $50?

Check out earlier models of any Canon powershots or Nikon coolshots.

I was about to ask the same question regarding a cheap time-lapse camera. I used to use a GoPro but sold mine.

Unfortunately my Panasonic LX7 wont take more than 60 photos in time-lapse. That's only 2 seconds worth of video.

Please let us know of your findings.

Last edited:
I found myself a cheap time-lapse camera solution. I'm using my inexpensive Canon Poweshot A4000 IS. What is needed to give it time-lapse capability is a mod called CHDK which works for most Canon point and shoot cameras. There are a few additional utilities involved in getting CHDK installed and working but it's not very difficult. Once CHDK is running, within the multitudes of menus is a script that you can run to have a simple intervalometer to perform time-lapse pics. There exist many other more specific intervalometer scripts that can be downloaded and run as well though I haven't tried it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back