What's new

Cheap telephoto lens

dupek

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Jacksonville,FL,USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know, I made booobbooo when I purchase cheap 500mm telephoto lens made by Phoenix.
I am getting purple hallo around objects. Is that the glass or I am doing something wrong.
Thanks.
 
Nope its the glass.
 
Its the glass. Software can get rid of some of it, deppending on how bad. But in general get what you pay for. If you want to learn more. Look up Chromatic Aberration (CA).
 
I did another series of testing with 2X converter attach. No more "purple fringes". I guess, the 500mm have wrong focal point. The problem I am getting is the manual focus. Even with "good glass", I am getting bad focus in manual. My eyes are going bad.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom