What's new

Check out my photos, please give feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hello, I am a young photographer who enjoys taking close up shots of about almost anything that looks appealing.

Please tell me which photograph you like in my flickr account.

Flickr: Vincent Chan Photography's Photostream

Give me feedback please, I have taken some pictures that I have not yet released on my flickr account, but I'll show it here.

i60b53.png

2ahiil5.png

fnzeqw.png


I took these pictures with a kind of cheap camera (around $100)
Kodak M763.
 
Ok. Here is my honest opinion. I did not really care for them. It was almost like you just saw something and took a picture of it.
1. Not the most interesting thing to take a picture of.
2. I did not get it. What was the subject in the pic?
3. The tird picture would of been maybe more interesting if you focused on the leaves with the water dops on them. Dead flower did not do anything for me.
So thats my thoughts on them.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
There aren't really any "subject" I am aiming for, I just like to take pictures that seem appealing. Also for the third picture I didn't even notice the leaves until after I looked at the picture.
 
I have to agree - not much here for me. Taking pictures of things close up can be good if it is a good object. Keep up the work and don't get discouraged.
 
Why are you putting watermarks in the center of your picture? I cant even focus on the picture because you watermark keeps catching my eyes. Either get rid of them or make it smaller and move it to a corner. Other than that the subject matter is really not interesting.
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
Why are you putting watermarks in the center of your picture? I cant even focus on the picture because you watermark keeps catching my eyes. Either get rid of them or make it smaller and move it to a corner. Other than that the subject matter is really not interesting.

Why? Because I want to. The watermark is pretty transparent, maybe you should get a longer attention span rather than blame it on something else.
 
My attention span is long enough. There just isnt anything in your pictures worth looking at.
 
Why are you putting watermarks in the center of your picture? I cant even focus on the picture because you watermark keeps catching my eyes. Either get rid of them or make it smaller and move it to a corner. Other than that the subject matter is really not interesting.


The water marks are generally used by those who are afraid someone is going to steal their photos.
WATER MARKS DO NOT STOP THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO STEAL PHOTOS..think about the technology available today...ahhh Photoshop.


You mention that you are a young photographer, here is some advice I got from this site, and I think it is very good stuff.

1. Take a few days and walk with only your eyes, a pad, and pen. Start observing things, write down what is interesting to you and where it is located. Pay attention to the lighting and time of day. Enjoy yourself, this can be very therapeutic.

2. before you go out to shoot, pick a subject or topic or theme, whatever you want to call it. Read your notes, and head out

3. When you reach your destination, focus on your goal and have some fun being creative. Do some stuff you never thought you would do and do not discard those shots. let other people critique them.


When you ask for critique on this site, one of the best things is for an honest critique. You will learn the wrong way if all you heard was how great your shots are...and they are not that great.
Do not take it personally, ask them what they think you could do to become better, heading towards greatness...
 
The water marks are generally used by those who are afraid someone is going to steal their photos.
WATER MARKS DO NOT STOP THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO STEAL PHOTOS..think about the technology available today...ahhh Photoshop.

Yeah I agree with protecting your work, but Im just not a fan of water mark smack dab in the center of the picture. Take the third one for instance. Your attention is supposed to be looking at the dead flower. Directly below it is a water mark. My attention is quickly pulled away from the subject matter. All I was trying to say is that shrink the water mark and move it away from the subject of your photo.
 
The water marks are generally used by those who are afraid someone is going to steal their photos.
WATER MARKS DO NOT STOP THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO STEAL PHOTOS..think about the technology available today...ahhh Photoshop.

Yeah I agree with protecting your work, but Im just not a fan of water mark smack dab in the center of the picture. Take the third one for instance. Your attention is supposed to be looking at the dead flower. Directly below it is a water mark. My attention is quickly pulled away from the subject matter. All I was trying to say is that shrink the water mark and move it away from the subject of your photo.


Use your hand to cover the watermark. Something like this if you don't know what I'm talking about.

212cqoy.png
 
Its ok I just won't off any advice to you. You might want to check your attitude if you feel like hanging around this site. Im not nearly as blunt as some.
 
Its ok I just won't off any advice to you. You might want to check your attitude if you feel like hanging around this site. Im not nearly as blunt as some.

"Get rid of that watermark"
"There's nothing interesting"

That's not really advice.

THIS is advice.

1. Take a few days and walk with only your eyes, a pad, and pen. Start observing things, write down what is interesting to you and where it is located. Pay attention to the lighting and time of day. Enjoy yourself, this can be very therapeutic.

2. before you go out to shoot, pick a subject or topic or theme, whatever you want to call it. Read your notes, and head out

3. When you reach your destination, focus on your goal and have some fun being creative. Do some stuff you never thought you would do and do not discard those shots. let other people critique them.
 
"There's nothing interesting"

that may not be advice, but it's certainly a valid comment

Use your hand to cover the watermark. Something like this if you don't know what I'm talking about.

unsurprisingly, the added hand didn't take away much from the photo + watermark

There aren't really any "subject" I am aiming for, I just like to take pictures that seem appealing

The photo may be appealing to you, but does your photo communicate why it's supposed to be appealing to us?

Can you honestly say that if you saw these photos posted by someone else, that you would have given them a second glance?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom