What's new

Check out my photos, please give feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's nothing interesting"

that may not be advice, but it's certainly a valid comment

I never said it wasn't a valid comment, I said it wasn't advice. Read it again if you can't comprehend it the first time.

Use your hand to cover the watermark. Something like this if you don't know what I'm talking about.

unsurprisingly, the added hand didn't take away much from the photo + watermark

Well you see, the added hand was an example, as I clearly stated "something like this" which implies it as an example. Of course if you had hands in real life then you can easily flex it to cover the watermark completely unless you have like 1 finger.

There aren't really any "subject" I am aiming for, I just like to take pictures that seem appealing

The photo may be appealing to you, but does your photo communicate why it's supposed to be appealing to us?

Can you honestly say that if you saw these photos posted by someone else, that you would have given them a second glance?

Well, I never said it had to be appealing to you all I asked was for feedback. Let's say someone took a picture of a dead baby and they loved it, someone else loved it too, but one person didn't love it. You do understand that one picture cannot satisfy everyone right? So, what is appealing to you does not mean it's appealing to me.

Yes I can honestly say because it looks pretty good for a cheap $100 digital camera.

Next time you plan on "arguing" at least try to fully interpret what I wrote.
 
If you ask for feed back please be prepared for both positive and negative feedback because everyone has an opinion. I've asked for feed back and at first felt put off by a comment that wasn't super positive.

I took a look from the other person's point of view and discovered their point was valid.

The photos didn't create any emotion for me. Photos and art I believe are supposed to do just that.

Don't be offended.
Take a new look at things and enjoy photography.
 
In This Thread: someone who doesn't want to improve, just wants more Flickr traffic.
 
Last edited:
Water marks are used so people don't steal your photos but honestly...
Do you think anyone is going to try and steal these photos??
Its distracting and arrogant to me to put such a large watermark in the center of mediocre photos.

...I just like to take pictures that seem appealing...

Seem appealing?? Why not shooting for appealing rather than something almost interesting?

Lose your attitude, you came in asking for FEEDBACK it was given to you and you acted like a jerk, learn to take it.
 
Water marks are used so people don't steal your photos but honestly...
Do you think anyone is going to try and steal these photos??
Its distracting and arrogant to me to put such a large watermark in the center of mediocre photos.

...I just like to take pictures that seem appealing...

Seem appealing?? Why not shooting for appealing rather than something almost interesting?

Lose your attitude, you came in asking for FEEDBACK it was given to you and you acted like a jerk, learn to take it.

Yes I do believe people are going to steal my photos, you obviously haven't experienced real life yet. Maybe you should learn to use your hand to cover up the watermark like I suggested or is that too much work for you?

Maybe you can rephrase what you wrote here "Seem appealing?? Why not shooting for appealing rather than something almost interesting?" because I can barely understand it, try to use proper grammar and punctuation please.

I am taking the feedback, I am just countering your little comments with something else so you can see the picture better, such as using your hand to cover the watermark which is "blinding" your eyes.


In This Thread: someone who doesn't want to improve, just wants more Flickr traffic.

My flickr account has more photos = more traffic. Congratulations you solved the mystery captain obvious.
 
1st one, clipping, you have it behind the gutter drain
2nd, there is nothing to focus on, so the viewer just starts looking around for a subject. BUT the area that is in focus, has a big watermark through it, so no point.
3rd, the fence is in focus, if you intended for the flower to be, you missed.

No one is going to steal your photos, I doubt many will click your link, telling someone to cover your photos with their hand in order to be able to view it without distraction, is pretty silly.
 
So from now on when people look at your photos you expect them to cover your watermark with their hand just to be able to appreciate your photo?
Which even then they will probably not find your photo interesting because you have no subject.
"Why not shooting for appealing rather than something almost interesting?"
How is that confusing?!?! Anyone?

You're countering feedback that YOU ASKED FOR... Keep that attitude up and you won't receive any feedback.
 
Water marks are used so people don't steal your photos but honestly...
Do you think anyone is going to try and steal these photos??
Its distracting and arrogant to me to put such a large watermark in the center of mediocre photos.

...I just like to take pictures that seem appealing...

Seem appealing?? Why not shooting for appealing rather than something almost interesting?

Lose your attitude, you came in asking for FEEDBACK it was given to you and you acted like a jerk, learn to take it.

Yes I do believe people are going to steal my photos, you obviously haven't experienced real life yet. Maybe you should learn to use your hand to cover up the watermark like I suggested or is that too much work for you?

Maybe you can rephrase what you wrote here "Seem appealing?? Why not shooting for appealing rather than something almost interesting?" because I can barely understand it, try to use proper grammar and punctuation please.

I am taking the feedback, I am just countering your little comments with something else so you can see the picture better, such as using your hand to cover the watermark which is "blinding" your eyes.


In This Thread: someone who doesn't want to improve, just wants more Flickr traffic.

My flickr account has more photos = more traffic. Congratulations you solved the mystery captain obvious.

What are you 12? You sure are acting like it. Trust me know one here is going to steal you photos. Dont ask for advice if you dont want to hear it. My advice was to move your water mark. Im not going to sit here and cover it up with my hand.

Im not really sure why its so hard to get this through your head. We dont think there is much in the photos that is appealing. If you think that there is, thats all that matters. You shouldnt be out shooting to impress everyone.

As far as only having a 100 dollar digital camera. There are some people on this site that could take a picture with it that I would hang on my wall. There is more to photography than your equipment. There is a book called understanding exposure by brian peterson. I advise you to read it. It will help a lot.
 
First, I never told you you had to cover the picture with your hand, but if you're going to start crying about a watermark I suggested it.

""Why not shooting for appealing rather than something almost interesting?"
How is that confusing?"
I still can't understand that, format it a different way.

What are you 12? You sure are acting like it. Trust me know one here is going to steal you photos. Dont ask for advice if you dont want to hear it. My advice was to move your water mark. Im not going to sit here and cover it up with my hand.

Oh look someone JUST stole the photo, what do you know? You're wrong again!
2hnm3qq.png


Im not really sure why its so hard to get this through your head. We dont think there is much in the photos that is appealing. If you think that there is, thats all that matters. You shouldnt be out shooting to impress everyone.

If that's all that matters then there is no need for you to remind me to remove my watermark and/or keep on responding to my comments. Clearly there is something else at the matter otherwise you would have left this thread already.
 
Who stole it? How do you know someone stole it? Maybe you should write on all your photos. Gives me something to look at other than the boring and uninteresting things in the photo itself.

So if thats all that matters why come here and ask for advice to begin with? My issue is that you cant take the advice that was given. YOUR the one who put your pictures up and asked for advice. You were given it and you cant seem to accept that no one thinks your that good. Stop acting like a douchebag and listen to what people say. Its not that hard of a concept. If you dont want advice dont ask for it. You can keep going around thinking your some top shot photographer and keep taking mediocre pictures.
 
Who stole it? How do you know someone stole it? Maybe you should write on all your photos. Gives me something to look at other than the boring and uninteresting things in the photo itself.

So if thats all that matters why come here and ask for advice to begin with? My issue is that you cant take the advice that was given. YOUR the one who put your pictures up and asked for advice. You were given it and you cant seem to accept that no one thinks your that good. Stop acting like a douchebag and listen to what people say. Its not that hard of a concept. If you dont want advice dont ask for it. You can keep going around thinking your some top shot photographer and keep taking mediocre pictures.

Ok I'm going to say this once more.

"Get rid of that watermark"
"There's nothing interesting"

This is NOT advice.

THIS is advice.

1. Take a few days and walk with only your eyes, a pad, and pen. Start observing things, write down what is interesting to you and where it is located. Pay attention to the lighting and time of day. Enjoy yourself, this can be very therapeutic.

2. before you go out to shoot, pick a subject or topic or theme, whatever you want to call it. Read your notes, and head out

3. When you reach your destination, focus on your goal and have some fun being creative. Do some stuff you never thought you would do and do not discard those shots. let other people critique them.

____

Please, if you're going to type out a paragraph at least know how to use "you're" and "your."

___

Oh yeah to the "stole it comment" you're such an idiot, it's obvious I wrote over it, but you said no one would steal it. I just stole it so I proved you wrong.
 
First, I never told you you had to cover the picture with your hand, but if you're going to start crying about a watermark I suggested it.
Use your hand to cover the watermark.
Yes, you did.
""Why not shooting for appealing rather than something almost interesting?"
How is that confusing?"
I still can't understand that, format it a different way.
RATHER THAN TAKING PICTURES OF SOMETHING THAT SEEMS APPEALING WHY DON'T YOU TAKE PICTURES OF THINGS THAT ARE APPEALING. IS THAT SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR YOU?!?


Your watermark is distracting, arrogant, and annoying. Your attitude is uncalled for, arrogant, and annoying. Your time spent here will be short, arrogant, and annoying.
 
First, I never told you you had to cover the picture with your hand, but if you're going to start crying about a watermark I suggested it.
Use your hand to cover the watermark.
Yes, you did.

Oh my god you're ****ing retarded man, please read what the person wrote. He was crying about the watermark so I suggested him to cover it with his hand, Jesus Christ is that so hard to comprehend? Is English your second language?

""Why not shooting for appealing rather than something almost interesting?"
How is that confusing?"
I still can't understand that, format it a different way.
RATHER THAN TAKING PICTURES OF SOMETHING THAT SEEMS APPEALING WHY DON'T YOU TAKE PICTURES OF THINGS THAT ARE APPEALING. IS THAT SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR YOU?!?

copypasta from before because you're too stupid to read.

Well, I never said it had to be appealing to you all I asked was for feedback. Let's say someone took a picture of a dead baby and they loved it, someone else loved it too, but one person didn't love it. You do understand that one picture cannot satisfy everyone right? So, what is appealing to you does not mean it's appealing to me.


Your watermark is distracting, arrogant, and annoying. Your attitude is uncalled for, arrogant, and annoying. Your time spent here will be short, arrogant, and annoying.

You're an idiot who can't take it, stupid, and weak.
 
You cant steal something that belongs to you. So no you didnt prove me wrong. The only thing you are proving is that your a little kid who thinks he is something he isnt. My advice was to get rid of the water mark. So yes it is advice. Is it past your bed time yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom