check out my snake...

lol I guess <3 means love...<3 stands for a heart was about to buy a blood python yesterday. Sux that we couldn't spend the money :(

The story of this crawly thing occured in Ghana, in the heartlands of West Africa several months ago.

I happened to be visiting a poultry farm over there, near the now famous village of Asutsuare (you have heard of it, haven't you?). A local reptilian creature made the fatal mistake of entering one of the poultry barns and proceeded to devour a breakfast of freshly laid eggs........ [The rest of this post and acompanying image have been removed as a gesture of consideration towards Craig and Joel, and out of respect to the sensitivities of snake collectors wherever they may be...]

J

HPIM0731-1.jpg

I understand that the snake was a problem and had to die. Problem is that he looked just like Joel. I am offended by seeing his head smashed to bits. I mean we are snake lovers man. The shot is a good idea just poorly executed so to speak.

Snakes eat eggs? Wish I could get mine to do that. Also heard that they will eat goldfish, but have yet to try.

i dont think all snakes can eat snakes. There is an egg eating snake. Swallows the egg whole. Then they break the egg with a specially developt part of its spine. There are "spikes" at the inside of the spine. So the snake wiggles with his neck while the egg is in place and brakes the shell. Then he swallows the fluids of the egg and spits out the shell again. I have seen it "live" Awesome sight to see. Got it on tape somewhere. Maybe ill try and get it on the net sometime soon.

FIRST PICTURE!!#@!@

I'm staying at a friends place for a few days because my apartment flooded. Just picked up Ari today and don't have my camera. But this is from the phone.

He's really cute!!! And BROWN I thought I he was gonna be plane ol' black and white, this one is way cooler.

l_d1c259f9368d2b332d36922779daed27.jpg

Also for the snake lovers. His tank does need to be cleaned, but he was just fed yesterday so unfortunately the previous owners couldn't do it for me.

I'll be cleaning it out once my apartment is sufficiently back to normal and I can get my hands on the other aquarium that I have.

Cool.

Kings come in plenty of different colors. The brown & yellow ones...are from the California coastal regions...if I'm not mistaken. Although...they are bred for color and pattern in the pet trade...so who knows.

Here are some photos of the Cali King I used to have.
Zeus-02.jpg

Zeus-03.jpg

Zeus-04.jpg

They're so cute eh?

Like their head shape and colors.

So pumped to get him out and get to know him. Unfortunately it's not a good idea after they've eaten right?

That's what she was saying to me earlier.

He's very pretty. I like the white bands. :thumbup:

...your apartment flooded?? :shock:

He's very pretty. I like the white bands. :thumbup:

...your apartment flooded?? :shock:

nothing damaged seriously. they're ripping out the carpets and flooring now.

should be back in there tuesday.

i'm not too worried about it, i own cheap furniture and my landlord is the sweetest most responsible person in the world.

the only thing I think I will need to replace is a tv stand and i'm prolly gonna ask her to take it off my rent money.

other than that, i'm still alive and life could be worse.

Ya, it's not a good idea to handle them for at least a day after feeding them. It's also not good to handle them much after a move...or anything that may have stressed them. Although as he's older...it shouldn't be too much of a problem...but you never know.

Most reactions

Back