What's new

Check out this Rack

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:mrgreen:

I added a Yakima rack and accessories to my car recently. Just snagged this photo with the 11-16 while walking around tonight.


Fairing by f_one_eight, on Flickr


Jake
 
Clicked because male instinct. Got a pretty picture instead.

:D
 
Clicked because male instinct. Got a pretty picture instead.

:D

'Twas the intent of the title--glad it worked! Hahaha.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I was double duped. Of course I didn't expect to see a female rack but I was expecting to see a nice set of deer/elk antlers.:D

On another note; was looking at the 11-16 myself. You liking it?
 
I was double duped. Of course I didn't expect to see a female rack but I was expecting to see a nice set of deer/elk antlers.:D

On another note; was looking at the 11-16 myself. You liking it?

I love mine!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I was expecting a spice rack. Damn your colourful wordplay!
 
"Damnit, Jake, I'm a doctor, not a pervy photo forum guy looking for cheap thrills!"

from the motion picture Star Trek 13, The Voyage To Walmart
 
"Damnit, Jake, I'm a doctor, not a pervy photo forum guy looking for cheap thrills!"

from the motion picture Star Trek 13, The Voyage To Walmart


Hahaha. The rack doesn't provide "cheap" thrills... it was expensive!
 
kids and their toys !!

Yes, Yakima (Thule, etc) are expensive. I have a Yakima and Thule from years ago for cycling and traveling. *expensive*
But I prefer to keep the bikes and stuff inside the vehicle.
 
kids and their toys !!

Yes, Yakima (Thule, etc) are expensive. I have a Yakima and Thule from years ago for cycling and traveling. *expensive*
But I prefer to keep the bikes and stuff inside the vehicle.

My little corolla doesn't fit a paddleboard and bike inside the vehicle, sadly. My next car will be a crossover or something larger. I need room for camera gear and such too!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
When it comes to racks, "expensive" really shouldn't enter into the equation. Either it works well, safely and reliably, or it's an accident waiting to happen. Having a rack lose it's load or detach from the vehicle at highway speeds is a nightmare both for the owners, and for the traffic following behind. I've carried kayaks, canoes, luggage, bikes, ladders, and tools such as brakes on my racks (various vehicles over the years), and each time I paid careful attention to both the load capacity and the firmness of attachment to the vehicle. I had one experience early on that hammered the lesson home - fortunately no-one was following and the stuff I was carrying wasn't expensive.
 
When it comes to racks, "expensive" really shouldn't enter into the equation. Either it works well, safely and reliably, or it's an accident waiting to happen. Having a rack lose it's load or detach from the vehicle at highway speeds is a nightmare both for the owners, and for the traffic following behind. I've carried kayaks, canoes, luggage, bikes, ladders, and tools such as brakes on my racks (various vehicles over the years), and each time I paid careful attention to both the load capacity and the firmness of attachment to the vehicle. I had one experience early on that hammered the lesson home - fortunately no-one was following and the stuff I was carrying wasn't expensive.


True. I like to overstrap and overprotect all I attach to it, and I've been safe so far.

Jake
 
I just never could put my bicycles up on a roof rack. So they stay inside even if I have to remove both wheels.
I've just seen to many people drive into their garages, parking garages, heard of a few trips where it just blew off. Of course those were user mistakes or installation mistakes. Plus I don't like cleaning bugs off or relubing, etc after a rain. Plus my gas mileage doesn't suffer.

Being in cycling clubs I've heard and seen all those stories ...
One time I recall using it .. my cyclometer disappeared.
 
I just never could put my bicycles up on a roof rack. So they stay inside even if I have to remove both wheels.
I've just seen to many people drive into their garages, parking garages, heard of a few trips where it just blew off. Of course those were user mistakes or installation mistakes. Plus I don't like cleaning bugs off or relubing, etc after a rain. Plus my gas mileage doesn't suffer.

Being in cycling clubs I've heard and seen all those stories ...
One time I recall using it .. my cyclometer disappeared.

Well I'm no pro cyclist, so I don't have a fancy bike or anything. The roof rack gets the job done, so I'm happy with it [emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom