Checked out the Nifty Fifty today

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
man, that is one small lens... i plan on getting one very soon, maybe even this week.. but today was the first time i went to my camera shop and they actually had it in stock... I was pretty shocked at how small the lens was... not much bigger than a silver dollar..

Fastest lightest lens you'll ever own! Wait till you sling your rig around with it,.. my 40D fits in a 'hoody' pocket or small pack with that little gem on. The fixed FOV really opened up the creativity for me. Get it already! :thumbup:

-Shea

even though its cheap, its hard to convince the wife that I NEED IT... mind you she was looking at it with me today, and was really impressed with the price... i'm dropping off some proofs to a client tomorrow.. hopefully they buy one of my packages, as opposed to just individual photos... if they do.. i'll be taking their 50% deposite directly to the camera shop and purchasing it.

They have a camera shop in Madoc?? WOW

None here in our three closest towns Alliston, Beeton or Tottanham.

man i wish.. but i think i'd be the only one shopping there, so I think they'd close down pretty quick... I was in Belleville for a staff meeting, and went to the mall afterwards.

It's definitely an itty bitty little thing. I've had it on my cam for a couple weeks now. I've been surprised at how much I want to use it over most of my other lenses. I must look like a doof using my legs to zoom all the time. It takes a while to get used to... you really don't realize just HOW shallow a 1.8 aperature shot is going to be until you start futzing with it.

I want one too. Just to bad it won't focus on my D40 :(

One of the most popular lenses out there, and it won't even work on a D40... hmmmm... :)

i'm still learning with it and finding new ways to utilize it every day..such a great lens.

From what I read, it will work with D40, as long as the user don't mind adjusting the focus manually. And the camera will tell the user when the focus is correctly set by the beep sound as well as the red light in the viewfinder. So... it is workable.

i manually focus with it about 80% of the time, but i understand how itd be a pain w/ not even the option of autofocusing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back