Cheetah cubs at play

CarlosF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spent a few days in the Pilanesberg nature reserve here in South Africa where I'm lucky enough to only stay 2 hours away from this Gem... got a lot of action saw the whole big five but this was the highlight of my trip.. cheetah are on the red list of the endangered species and this mother has done a great job getting her 3 cubs to 7 months old thus far... I really love this photo I know it's not super sharp or whatever it was about 200m away from me shooting through the bush but these 3 had the best time playing and chasing each other.. as always any cc welcome. Thanks guys
IMG_3017.JPG

Great shot mate. Nice bit of action.

Nice - get a really sense of "WOOOSH" of speed on the cheetah which, honestly, is just what you want in this kind of shot as you've got another cat there nice and sharp and slightly stiller as well.

I wonder if slicing the left side of the photo off and then just having the action the main body of the shot might help; I know in an ideal world you'd have more space to the right for the cat to move into, but with the other cats also as a primary subject and having them more static it might be enough in the shot to anchor it more toward the cats than requiring the empty "move into" area aspect.

Awesome! How many people can say they had this opportunity, i know i can't! The shot is amazing.

Nice. Sometimes subject matter trumps technical perfection. This is one of those occasions.

thank you very much i just wish i could have blown it up for a nice wall piece..

Very nice.

Only CC I have is take me with you!

haha well if you ever come to south africa let me know we can organise an extra tent and to sleep over is super cheap will probably work out like to $70 US for the 4 nights i was there..

Nice - get a really sense of "WOOOSH" of speed on the cheetah which, honestly, is just what you want in this kind of shot as you've got another cat there nice and sharp and slightly stiller as well.

I wonder if slicing the left side of the photo off and then just having the action the main body of the shot might help; I know in an ideal world you'd have more space to the right for the cat to move into, but with the other cats also as a primary subject and having them more static it might be enough in the shot to anchor it more toward the cats than requiring the empty "move into" area aspect.

thanks a lot for the message, i think i might have cropped some off on the right side im still very new to photography and editing so not my strong point yet i can try again i have two more cheetah cub shots that i will share and i think you'd enjoy the angles on them more keep an eye out for them

Awesome! How many people can say they had this opportunity, i know i can't! The shot is amazing.

thanks thats exactly what everyone keeps telling me as well it truly was awesome seeing them playing and at the speed they do it too

I know you will get more opportunities to share with us and I look forward to it.

oh i have loads more just keep an eye on the forum they'll be added soon

Awesome Capture! So adorable. This is how all wildlife should be in a natural setting not locked up behind cages and glass or jumping through hoops.

Awesome Capture! So adorable. This is how all wildlife should be in a natural setting not locked up behind cages and glass or jumping through hoops.

Thanks man and I couldn't agree with you more this is how it should be I don't even go to zoos taking photos at a zoo I feel is cheating haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back