Won't beat you, just think 182 hp for 1.3L is pretty damn amazing, and that is a stock engine (just stating I beat your hp per liter ratio, the Mazda Rx-7 holds that tile for any production car built [2002 Mazda Rx-7 Type R to be exact 280hp 1.3L]). No pistons in it at all, rotaries are amazing. Chevrolet almost put a 2.6L 4 rotor engine in the corvette in the 80s but abandonded it due to fuel consumption. A shame for you Vette guys that they didn't build it. 4 rotors are pushing 900whp on an N/A at 14,000 RPM today (technically they are rac enegine but street versions would redline at 9,00 and make roughly 500-ish horsepower, still only 2.6L. Also I have a 200 page book on every Corvette model ever made, and heave read it all.
I just can't retain every model ever made. I love your Vette overall, and if I ever get my dream twin turbo 1993 Mazda Rx-7 R1, I'll arrange a meet to pace with you on Tenessee's Deals Gap. Maybe even schedule some track time. (not strip, the Rx-7 isn't geared for that, a true sports car can handle, brake, and accelerate). You'd be surprised what a 1.3L can do (about the same as a C5 Vette more or less in a small ammount). (don't get your hopes up, I'm young and can't raise around $16,000 needed for a low milage one).
Sorry to threadjack but I just love car talk.