Chicken Casserole - And what went wrong ?

An additional comment for the next time: the burnt areas on the casserole itself are not nice. Maybe you could move the chicken in a clean casserole and eventually compose it for showing a little more of vegetables. Buon appetito!

An additional comment for the next time: the burnt areas on the casserole itself are not nice. Maybe you could move the chicken in a clean casserole and eventually compose it for showing a little more of vegetables. Buon appetito!

Actually I don't mind the burned on areas because it looks real rather than fake.

I have read so many times about food photos, that if people see then as arranged, set up, then you you lost them.

I do of course arrange things within the plate.

But it would have been much better to drain off some liquid and serve on a platter to show the veg and bacon underneath.

I have much to learn!

Thanks for the reply.

Cooking for photographs is completely different from cooking to eat. Quite often stylists use a blow torch to get it brown. Or simply paint the chicken with colouring.

The chicken looks lonesome. If there is anything else in the recipe like vegetables I'd like to see them in the photo. I make a mean arroz con pollo, myself.

There were veg but my photo didn't do them justice.

I will get better and thanks for replying.

Actually I don't mind the burned on areas because it looks real rather than fake.

I have read so many times about food photos, that if people see then as arranged, set up, then you you lost them.

I do of course arrange things within the plate.

But it would have been much better to drain off some liquid and serve on a platter to show the veg and bacon underneath.

I have much to learn!

Thanks for the reply.
You might not, but bear in mind, the photographs are what will sell a cooking book, and when I look at that as a neutral, third party, my first thought is, "Well, that looks messy" and if someone thinks it looks messy, are they going to be keen on finding out how it tastes?

I looked at the original photo and agree with all the suggested changes but Would suggest just removing the yellow of the dish. Makes a difference I think.
new-version.jpg

Most reactions

Back