Child Labour

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
I'm all for it! Imagine what this little blighter would be up to if he wasn't working!

boy.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Rob

I like the B&W, dunno why i remembered oliver twist :roll:

Reactions: Rob
woodsac said:
How'd you get him to do it...and smile :lmao:

Oh...wait...$$$ ?

I seem to recall I was telling a mildy inneunduous (gr?) joke at the time.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Rob

What you don't like my home processed medium format sepia-toned images?

Presumably you mean the content.

Let me tell a little story to clear things up then. In country pubs in the UK, often parents want to find something for their kids to do which teaches them the value of work, but without actually having to worry them, or work them too hard. A young lad (say 14 years old) isn't legally allowed to work in many places and then can only work for a couple of hours. Publicans often like to put back into the community which they serve by providing jobs typically bar work for school leavers and less glamorous jobs like cleaning for the kids and less fortunate. Washing up in a 100 cover pub is a monstrous task on a Sunday afternoon, and is a job well suited to young boys as they have bags of energy, even after a massive roast. They have to start by scrubbing all the pots and pans, move on to all the guests' plates, knives and forks. Then, when they've finished, there's the weekly task or reviving or refreshing all the glasses - basically washing them properly by hand (does a better job than a commercial steam washer and treats them with a chemical which removes scratches).

I believe that it's a healthy way for a mischievous and cheeky youngster (like out subject here!) to earn himself £20. It teaches lessons on several levels: firstly you don't want to spend the rest of your life elbow-deep in soap suds working for the equivilent of four beers' money. Secondly, that money and life are not free and you've got to work. Thirdly, it teaches you that people will respect you if, and only if, you do a good job - the boys are always a part of the staff and get a Christmas bonus, invitations to outings, free food and free soft drinks.

The title was in jest really.

Hopefully you did mean the content, otherwise I've wasted ten minutes of your lives!

Rob

Thats a really good photograph :thumbup: love the sepia tones

Most reactions

New Topics

Back