Chinese Cultural Center C&C, please?

wayler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, working with a borrowed Canon 60D and Kit 18-135mm lens just curious for a little advice. Looking forward to contributing when I have any knowledge to do so...Thanks.

1 $IMG_3107b.jpg

2$IMG_3155b.jpg

3$IMG_3147b.jpg

The 3rd photo is terrific. The out of focus building in the back has become a face looking back at you looking at the red flowers -- it's delightful.

I'm going to guess these are camera processed JPEGs and your camera processor has clipped the red channel pretty badly. The reds in the flower have started to posterize.

Joe

The thing in the back on the third one looks like Grandeizer's head or something and it's RIGHT where your eyes are drawn... it's kinda distracting. Second one is pretty enough.

First impressions:

1) Nice image, my only nit is that the red thing (not sure what it is) in the background is distracting.

2) The background is again, a bit distracting - regardless of the fact that it is out of focus, that is where my eyes go, at first, when I look at the image. This is probably because the background flowers are red like those in focus in the foreground and there are more of them - red colours stand out in an image and your eyes get drawn to the area - similar to the red thing in the first image.

3)The background is again, distracting - it's where my eyes go right after they see the red flowers. I think that, if space had been left empty (negative space), then the image would be more powerful - my opinion.

WesternGuy

First image seems like a pretty basic snapshot to me. When you take the picture, your trying to tell a story. What are you telling us with this? Second image is out of focus. I like the third image (including the fact that the building looks like a ninja dude), but it is distracting. The same shot, but having the building not look like a face, would be much better.

#1: can you brighten this up? the white statue at the other end is a distraction

#2: i feel really impressed by this

#3: I find this very impressive... I like being distracted that way ;)

Thanks for the input - I know a couple have said the 3rd would look better with the blurred building taken out, but what do you think if it were just a little more in focus and your eyes didn't have to try so hard to "figure out" what it is. Perhaps, I'll try that... Thanks again - I look forward to a few months from now when I have my own camera to work with, I really thought that whole lottery thing was going to work out better for me the other night! ;)

Most reactions

Back