Chosing a new Nikon Camera help

The D90 is actually rated higher in picture quality in many tests and comparisons.
Interesting...
What tests, where? :)~
Based on what I read on dpreview, d90 is actually a bit softer then d300 :(.
Can't wait to save up and get 300s - it'll be like having both in one :D

hehe...d90 better...lol... Yeah right... if you say so.... The d300 is the best crop sensor camera out there. It has nearly the same tech as the Nikon D3.(sans full frame of course.) The d300s has minor changes besides video and is not really worth the upgrade unless you just have to have video. The d300 higher Iso is much better than the d90. This is coming from hands on not reviews. The d300 also is much faster than the d90. The d300 also rids itself of the usless features on the d90 that a true prosumer/pro would not even think about using. I love it when people talk about shooting a picture is "flower" mode. The d90 is softer and slower than the d300. Among other differences.

The D90 is actually rated higher in picture quality in many tests and comparisons.
Interesting...
What tests, where? :)~
both in one :D

Here are a few that confirm my hands on testing:
The first one compares the D90, D300, and D2x

Compare cameras

Nikon Reviewsd90/sharpness-comparison.htm

Nikon Reviewsd90/iso-3200.htm

J. Dennis Thomas' Digital Field Guide Companion: ISO test - D90 / D300 / D700

Regardless of the Specs and the Comparisons, it all comes down to what you like and can afford. I suggest going to a camera store where you can handle each of the cameras before you buy one.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back