3361640461_c0ff02267a.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foned/3361640461/in/set-72157615029739490/

3362457882_00099e1d8f.jpg

IMG_2141 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

3362052212_3dbc6ab0c1.jpg

IMG_2002 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

3361885320_24805a59c7.jpg

IMG_1966 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You spend a lot of time climbing trees. Just an observation from your recent photo sets. These look alright. I like the last one best but it looks a tad underexposed and his knuckles look like he punched the crap out of something. Maybe it's intentional to combat the soft, singer, acoustic guitar guy look.

You spend a lot of time climbing trees. Just an observation from your recent photo sets. These look alright. I like the last one best but it looks a tad underexposed and his knuckles look like he punched the crap out of something. Maybe it's intentional to combat the soft, singer, acoustic guitar guy look.

haha yea ive been gettin in tree's for shots a lot.

I thought he had punched something too, apparently hes just really bad at riding bikes ;)

haha yea ive been gettin in tree's for shots a lot.

I thought he had punched something too, apparently hes just really bad at riding bikes ;)

That grassy location is a nice spot for shots. It's also nice to see a unique angle on a photo like your in-tree shots. You should still post up larger versions, does flickr not let you put up full res?

Nice shots foned. I especially like #3. What kinda music does he play?

That grassy location is a nice spot for shots. It's also nice to see a unique angle on a photo like your in-tree shots. You should still post up larger versions, does flickr not let you put up full res?

the links underneath the photos are links to the page where you can find bigger versions, if you click the link then go to 'all sizes' with the icon of the magnifying glass you can see it in 45% of the original shot (8mp) so its pretty large.

1. Not much to say.

2. I really like.

3. I love the concept, but it looks like his skin has picked up a bit of greenish tint from the grass. That should be easy enough to fix.

4. Really like this one too, I could love it if there were a little more light on the subject. Love the sky.

setting in number one doesnt feel right. law of thirds applies to number two and three, which i like. lighting in three is nice. four is a tiny bit underexposed, but you probably need it to look like that because you can't light up everything between the camera and the horizon. those are some pretty cool looking clouds though, turn number four into an HDR ?

I like #1 completely (context/tone/candid).
I like the idea of #3 but the some facial definition is lost due
to the metering.
The light had gone flat by the time #4was shot?. But I like
the framing.

Last edited:
turn number four into an HDR ?

alot of people have been saying this recently about ppls photos.. but i say, why ruin a perfectly good picture by making it an HDR.. i mean, I enjoy HDR, but #4 is a great photo..

thank you all for the input. ive never messed with HDR stuff, some of it is pretty cool looking.. don't know much about it though.

thank you all for the input. ive never messed with HDR stuff, some of it is pretty cool looking.. don't know much about it though.

don't.. .once you get into it, if you do a decent job.. you will try to turn all your photos into HDR's, and you'll ruin a lot of great shots...

Ok as a musician I will comment on a couple of your captures...Key when shooting musicians especially guitar and bass players...don't get all the "playing" shots with them looking at their fingers. Gives a very amature appearance to the musician. If you want to convey emotion have hin turn his head bridge direction. will give him a more accomplished look. I know it seems petty but it really does make a difference.

As far as everything else, I still think you need tighter crops, and his t shirt is very distracting...try solid colors...especially on guys.

Most reactions

Back