Chris of Arabia - are you ready? MOTW is back from its time off!

Oh, and Chris: do you mind very much that I never stickied your MOTW-thread?

And do you mind that your week is over now?

And do you mind that I did think of sticky-ing (ghastly) Krueger's new MOTW-thread???

No problem Corinna. I gave it a good shot I think - don't think I knowingly undersold anyone. For any tasks I've still not completed, I'll just post as I get them done.

What's your golf handicap?

What's your best golf score ever?

What's your favourite fruit?

(Just trying to help you go from 2,999 posts to 3000!)

(Just trying to help you go from 2,999 posts to 3000!)

... must resist ...must resist ...must resist Oh $h1t!, now look what you you've gone and done! I was saving that for something really meaningful - a truly memorable moment in TPF history - the forum equivalent of a Rubicon crossed and all that... [someone shut him up will they]

...actually, I hadn't a clue what to do with it, though it came very close to saying "Moved and banned" in response to a reported post about some iPHONE spam - no idea who did that though :roll:

What's your golf handicap?

On a full size 18 hole course - 21. On the 9 hole I usually play - 20

What's your best golf score ever?

On the 18 hole - 97. On the 9 hole par 34 - 38. I'll be making another attempt to improve tomorrow at 14:30 local - must try and keep my first tee shot out of the houses on the left, not that I have any experience of that you understand... :irked:

What's your favourite fruit?

Bananas of course - I'm surprised you feel the need to ask...
2125.gif

What are some entries on your list of stuff you want to do/see/experience/accomplish before you die?

What are some entries on your list of stuff you want to do/see/experience/accomplish before you die?

1. Last long enough to make a list of things I want to do/see/experience/accomplish before I die

2. Visit Hong Kong

3. Take a photograph that would be worthy of Steve McCurry

4. Take a photograph that I think is any good

5. Live in a detached house with no mortgage hanging over it

6. Learn to play the guitar better than I do now, to the point where I'd feel confident playing in front of people

7. See Rush again

8. Work out what I want to do with my life

9. Make it onto the flickr 'Last 7 Days' top 500

10. Get nominated for POTM (I don't have any aspirations of actually winning it you understand)

Well, here you have 'Eeyore' and 'Piglet'

Eeyore on the left is my current main box and the one I'm typing this on and is based round an Intel Core 2 Quad. That one was put together earlier this year.

On the right is Piglet, my very first construction built about 6 or 7 years back. It's an old PIII 933, but still functions though it is a little slow. When I get round to it, it's getting Ubuntu loaded on it.

These two share a network together.

pc01.jpg

This PC is a P4 3.2GHz job and is my music PC. It never goes anywhere near the internet or a network and just sits there quiet running stuff like Sonar, a bunch of Native Instruments stuff and Sound Forge. This one's very well behaved. I guess it's at least 2 years old now, but it still works like a dream.

pc02.jpg

There's another self build back in the UK. A P4 2.8 GHz IIRC.

Cool set up. Nice case on the P4 I had the same one at one point.

Most reactions

Back