Chris of Arabia - are you ready? MOTW is back from its time off!

Care to share a good childhood memory?

Probably something daft like being on holiday in Wales or Cornwall - we always went camping because it was cheap - and spending hours in the sand dunes, leaping off the top of ever higher dunes onto the soft sand below. That or my part as the caterpillar in the school version or Alice in Wonderland. My Mum still has a photograph of me sitting in the back garden in the costume - it had no legs, so I had to be carried onto stage behind closed curtains for the scene, then carried off again afterwards. My sister, Lesley, played Alice.

What is your no 1 fear?

Our Vice-President

Favourite Tie

tie.jpg

Out The Bedroom Window

bedroomwindow.jpg

Not my best conversions, both a bit blown out in places

Tell us what were some of your first jobs.

What's your favourite flavour of ice cream?

Favourite way to spend a day off?

Tell us what were some of your first jobs.

Paperboy, general labourer on a building site, general labourer on a building site again, RAF Air Communications Technician, and the last 19 years spent with a large UK multinational mainly doing IT related project management stuff.

What's your favourite flavour of ice cream?

Either 'Cookies and Cream' or 'Mint Choc Chip'

Favourite way to spend a day off?

Sleeping or horizontal gymnastics

:headbang::headbang::headbang: I think we were at the same Rush concert.

'twas a good one - my first Rush concert ever and in their home town. The only downside was that Anne-Marie and I were a little too far back. Saw them at Wembley and Manchester about 10 days later - the latter being by far the best of the three.

'twas a good one - my first Rush concert ever and in their home town. The only downside was that Anne-Marie and I were a little too far back. Saw them at Wembley and Manchester about 10 days later - the latter being by far the best of the three.

At this RUSH show, I got seperated from my buds.... they were down in the lower lawns, and I was up at the very back, against the fence, watching RUSH, and the sunset going down behind them. Neils solo was brilliant as always. :thumbup::thumbup:

How about some pictures of these computers you construct as a hobby?

How about some pictures of these computers you construct as a hobby?

Well, here you have 'Eeyore' and 'Piglet'

Eeyore on the left is my current main box and the one I'm typing this on and is based round an Intel Core 2 Quad. That one was put together earlier this year.

On the right is Piglet, my very first construction built about 6 or 7 years back. It's an old PIII 933, but still functions though it is a little slow. When I get round to it, it's getting Ubuntu loaded on it.

These two share a network together.

pc01.jpg

This PC is a P4 3.2GHz job and is my music PC. It never goes anywhere near the internet or a network and just sits there quiet running stuff like Sonar, a bunch of Native Instruments stuff and Sound Forge. This one's very well behaved. I guess it's at least 2 years old now, but it still works like a dream.

pc02.jpg

There's another self build back in the UK. A P4 2.8 GHz IIRC.

Most reactions

Back