christmas card photos

No judgments have been passed, I don't know what you are referring to.

Thanks for all the comments <3 The first is definitely our card pic.. and there was a head swap in there LOL We shot for seriously like.. 7 mins and they were done. It will work for sure!! I will revisit the edits one day this week when I have the time and energy before sending to the printer though. :)

better? I couldn't do a whole lot without re-doing the head swap because I first edited the images, then swapped head and then sent back to lightroom and exported from there so I could only kind of edit on top of from a clean slate on this. hopefully that made sense. haha thoughts?

CBC_3607-Edit-2 by Bonnie Craig, on Flickr

Your kids are incredibly cute! Don't spend much time fretting over internet parent advice. You know your kids better than we do!

Yes...better in this last example photo (seen above in Post #18). clone out the two white spots at the outlines of daughter and son's head? And possibly burn down the background at the left and on the yellow that peeks out to the left of the kids? With the vignette that has been applied, these lighter tones really draw my eye away from the kids. or, maybe drop the saturation on the yellows by a bit? Merry Christmas season to you!

Those are cute!
My vote would too go for the first one, but I also like 3 and 4. I had to smile for the suspenders and bow tie without shirt - great because here it is really cold at christmas. That´s something special and people would love it here in Europe I think.
Since you were able to swap the head, you seem to be a bit into editing: What about creating a card with all images on one to tell kind of a story?
BTW: if you want to take pictures of kids, more often than not it is better to not tell them what to do or what to wear :D. You´ve done a good job!

all.jpg

#1 is great. The nude versions are not to my liking

Slightly disturbing, reminiscent of chippendales.
Home

If that's where your mind goes... I've been in education a long time and have worked with lots of kids and families; I know when there's reason for concern and this doesn't seem like one. I don't see a problem with this being in your own back yard or to be on cards being sent to family and friends. To me it's just the funny kind of experience that happens with kids which can make for a fun memory.

If that's where your mind goes... I've been in education a long time and have worked with lots of kids and families; I know when there's reason for concern and this doesn't seem like one. I don't see a problem with this being in your own back yard or to be on cards being sent to family and friends. To me it's just the funny kind of experience that happens with kids which can make for a fun memory.
Those are cute!
My vote would too go for the first one, but I also like 3 and 4. I had to smile for the suspenders and bow tie without shirt - great because here it is really cold at christmas. That´s something special and people would love it here in Europe I think.
Since you were able to swap the head, you seem to be a bit into editing: What about creating a card with all images on one to tell kind of a story?
BTW: if you want to take pictures of kids, more often than not it is better to not tell them what to do or what to wear :D. You´ve done a good job!

View attachment 130924

The worst day of the Christmas season was the day my wife scheduled for pictures. It was back in the film days. Our kids hated wearing the clothes she picked out and hated posing for the pictures. She'd get frustrated with them and then get upset with me when she was picking the least bad photo from the roll of 36. Now we go through the same with our granddaughters. My wife bought them dresses and tights. The tights never made it to the photo shoot and the 4 year old wouldn't take off her sweatshirt. But we got two usable photos, so all is well. Regarding the clothing, you have to pick your battles. Shirt/no shirt? No biggie in my book under these circumstances. We'd definitely have a talk if we were going to something formal, but here he cooperated with the photos, and that was your main goal. Well done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back