Christmas Windmill

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these today... it was freezing cold outside! Man, after 45 minutes of trying to get an angle on this windmill I called it quits. :) I'm more of a summer guy.

Here's the results.

732610936_Avmqt-XL.jpg

732767831_pYo8T-XL.jpg

I like the second one. The colors are more pleasing :)
Stay warm next time :D

I like the second one. The colors are more pleasing :)
Stay warm next time :D

I agree that the 2nd one is a much better shot for a lot of different reasons. The windmill blades can be defined. The ground gives frame of reference and has less empty space besides the subject. Like both of them still. Would personally crop 40-45% of the space on the right of the first.

I shot these today... it was freezing cold outside! Man, after 45 minutes of trying to get an angle on this windmill I called it quits. :) I'm more of a summer guy.
<snip><snip>

Your profile pic shows you wearing a Chicago stocking cap, right? Thought all you Illinoisians could handle the cold and/and lake effect? :)

I live here, but I'm not from here. :) I hate the bitter cold and the darn wind. :D

Another vote for the second one. I like seeing the whole windmill in context, and love the coloured sky and gnarly tree

I should also mention that these were taken at sunset with a pretty long exposure time.

Nice work, being up here in Rochester, sometimes known as CRAPCHESTER, because of such nasty and really cold weather, One of my best shots ever was in 4 degrees, with a brisk wind, long exposure also. It was worth it but wow was it a *****. :mrgreen:

I should also mention that these were taken at sunset with a pretty long exposure time.
I prefer #2 too. Consider a gradient adjustment layer or a little dodging to boost the exposure of the foreground a tad.

I really like the blurred windmill blades.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back