City of Love @ Night

noritje

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
faiezshoots.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just to share this shot I took last weekend in Paris. I bet thousands or more people already done this, haha. This is sort of a compulsory shot of Paris I think. I didn't have a tripod, so I just blasted the ISO to max (1600 or was it 800, I can't remember) and that explained the horrendous noise... not so much on the small picture but trust me, it is horrifying in full size, haha.

I wish there was fireworks going on at the back... heh.

Oh, I think it is also time to invest in a tripod. :mrgreen:

Apart from tripod and that horrendous noise, do you guys have other suggestion on how I could make this picture better? Composition, PP etc etc

Dankje!

_mg_24581.jpg

Could it be because of the PP? I did remove a lot of noise and I also realised the edges become hmmm, softer. I will post one without PP when I'm home!

It could be, it's a great shot anyway. I'll have a look at the original when you post it

It could be, it's a great shot anyway. I'll have a look at the original when you post it

Ok here is the original one! Haha, it kinda looked the same isn't it? About the focus issue, how to improve this? I always use the auto focus though... and my D450D has this 9 focus point and sometimes not all 'lighted'. What does that mean? :confused:

_mg_2458.jpg

and my D450D has this 9 focus point and sometimes not all 'lighted'. What does that mean? :confused:
That means that that/those points are in focus but the others aren't. It's not a big deal if they aren't but if you're doing landscape then you'll need a smaller aperture for a better photo. IMHO on last part.

Yes, smaller aperture is THE thing of choice to do here in order to bring out a lot more detail (like each and every single little lamp on the tower), once you have that tripod of yours and the chance for really LONG exposures. Small aperture, low iso (!) and long exposure and you're there! (But I hear that actually photographing the light fixtures on the Eiffel Tower is not allowed as the artist reserved the rights to his art - i.e. those lights - is this so?)

Yes, smaller aperture is THE thing of choice to do here in order to bring out a lot more detail (like each and every single little lamp on the tower), once you have that tripod of yours and the chance for really LONG exposures. Small aperture, low iso (!) and long exposure and you're there! (But I hear that actually photographing the light fixtures on the Eiffel Tower is not allowed as the artist reserved the rights to his art - i.e. those lights - is this so?)

oh fck! (ops, pardon the french)... I don't know actually... everyone was busy clicking away when I was there...

By the way, thanks for the advices, I will get a tripod (there goes my piggy bank again) and try this kind of shot again! :)

The camera may have focused on the sky behind the tower as well, and this would cause the tower to not be focused. Also, the tripod and smaller aperture will help lots as well. I have yet to get a tripod as well, but hopefully I will get one soon

Most reactions

Back