What's new

City that never sleeps

mrdemin

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Brooklyn, NY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
was taking pictures for photography class when shot this last night around 1am. It was handheld... well I was leaning on something actually. Taken with T1i and kit lens, some minor pp. Next time I'll make sure to have a tripod with me!
city_night_small.jpg


http://mrdemin.com/photography/city_night.jpg - better LARGE version.

Patiently waiting for C&C :hugs:
 
Nice shot of downtown, what iso is this? Looks pretty sharp for handheld.
 
i personally would crop the top off a bit, and fix the tilt
 
hrm

it looks ok to me... i feel like it could have done w a little less exposure though... the lit areas are all a little blown...

also... i feel like it's lacking something... something that really grabs you...

next time bring your tripod! will allow you much more flexibility!
 
Nice shot, especially handheld with the kit lens, the photo looks decent throughout which surprises me for f4.5

ISO1600, 21mm, 1s, f/4.5
Thanks :)

1s?

Im guessing this was tripoded then? If so why ISO 1600 and f/4.5?

You can shoot 1 sec handheld pretty easily with IS and something to brace yourself against, I go up to 1.6-2 all the time and still keep it sharp. 2 sec. and above is where it gets tricky.
 
Well, I leveled it out the best I could, I want to keep the moon in it. Anyway its all practice and seeing what works :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom