Classic Ford Mustang on a sunny Day.

meynard2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw a Classic car I couldn't refuse to take a picture of, I used a vintage lens and didn't know if I actually got the focus right but I think I nailed it, some what edited on light room. Any CC welcomed.

Attachments

• Ford mustang 2 (1 of 1).jpg
    Ford mustang 2 (1 of 1).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 251
Yep, you nailed alright. Nice shot!

Saw a Classic car I couldn't refuse to take a picture of, I used a vintage lens and didn't know if I actually got the focus right but I think I nailed it, some what edited on light room. Any CC welcomed.
Have you looked at this shot up close? Did you focus manually? The focus is good on the top of the fire hydrant, but not good on the car.

I agree with Designer above. If you were using auto focus it looks like the camera grabbed the fire hydrant, if you used manual it's a miss.

I agree with Designer above. If you were using auto focus it looks like the camera grabbed the fire hydrant, if you used manual it's a miss.
It was a vintage lens I believe it was a minolta 100mm, the issue with the Fuji xt20 is that even with peaking, the peaking is low. But it seemed to have turned out ok tho.

Have you looked at this shot up close? Did you focus manually? The focus is good on the top of the fire hydrant, but not good on the car.
I looked a it and did my best with a manual lens, my camera the xt20's peaking sucks and can barely be seen most of the time, other then that it seemed to have turned out ok.

Yep, you nailed alright. Nice shot!
Thanks! I think leaving the car the only color on the scene did better then leaving everything in color.

Don't have a clue on how to advise you on using a manual lens on a Fuji, but there are others on here that use those that can probably assist. Not sure how you managed to miss the focus on the car and get the hydrant instead, but there's a big difference. In the first clip of your shot is the fire hydrant. Notice the lettering, not extremely sharp but close.
123.JPG

Now look at the emblem on the car, it's barely recognizable.
1234.JPG

Another thing that come to mind on sharpness other then just focus. The EXIF is stripped so I can't tell what your settings were, but if you had a slow shutter then camera movement on a hand held shot can really hurt you, especially if you don't have any form of shake reduction (in lens or in camera) active.

some what edited on light room. Any CC welcomed.

Something really glaring that becomes more noticeable as you enlarge this image are the highlights. They look has if you've tried to correct blown out highlights by sliding the highlight slider all the way to the left. Blown highlights are devoid of any data, they can't be recovered, typically when you move the highlight slider to the negative side the blown area turns to neutral gray. Push it to far and it affects the highlight color areas also.
234.JPG

Great car. Good use of selective color, it helps the shot.
I suggest taking a moment before firing the shutter to take an inventory of everything in the frame and eliminate distractions. A couple steps taken to the right, then the hydrant wouldn't be blocking the car, and might not have been a focus issue.

I liked the effect of removing the color except for the car. But I found the hydrant a little distracting.

A tip for manual focusing, use live view and zoom in to 10 x on your subject (or the area you are pre-focusing on) from there you should be able to tell if it's sharp and you can adjust.

Not sure here what's down to editing and what's down to missed focus, for my eye there's nothing in there that is in sharp focus. Normally looking at the grass or the rail would give an indication of where focus is lost, but it looks like very heavy noise reduction has been applied and it's nuked any detail that was there.

I think you missed the focus on the car, but nailed the focus on the fire hydrant.

At a glance it looks great! Sorry to say but when you look longer & closer the flaws become apparent. No biggy, it's only photography.

Most reactions

Back