cleaning the sensor

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can I use pressurized air to clean my sensor? Not the one you buy in a can but with the machine that compresses air. I have one at work so I thought about taking my camera to work to blow the sensor. I have a rocket blower but it's the small one and I guess it doesn't blow enough air to get rid of the dust. If it wont work I'm thinking about buying this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...hic_Solutions_PT2C_SENSOR_SWAB_PLUS_TYPE.html

No.

First, the pressure is probably way too high (typically 90-120 psi). Second, there could be water and oil in the compressor - you don't want that on your sensor.

I recommend this for sensor cleaning.

I'm sure B&H has something similar (I assume you were going to just go there?); the link you posted looks to be pretty much the same thing, less the 'spatula' (which you could probably make yourself if you had too).

the thing I posted is the acctual spatula with the "swab" with the cleaning agent at the end. So basicly almost the same thing you posted. I'll probobly go to B&H on thursday or friday.

There are several methods to cleaning your sensor and plenty of products to do so.

The first step is usually a bulb blower...the 'Rocket' type are great. The next step might be a brush, something like the Arctic Butterfly from VisibleDust. Lastly, you can do a wet cleaning, which sounds like what you are talking about now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back