Clear and Vivid Colors

Combination of setting the camera correctly and knowing my PP software.

Proper post processing or proper JPEG preset.

Most of my RAW files shot are flat and dull straight out of camera. You can choose presets for your JPEGs (the camera does all the editing itself), boosting saturation and contrast, if I'm not much mistaken. WB also plays an important part in colour renditions.

First and foremost is good and proper exposure.
Then knowing how to set the curve of your raw image in post processing to give the result you envision.

Thanks guys for replying.

How about a polarized lens filter?
The auto focus and metering systems in DSLR cameras require a circular polarizing (CPL) filter be used.
A CPL filter is most effective when the Sun is less than 30° above the horizon and at 90° to the lens focal length axis (the side).

Oh? What situations would that be that can't be shot in Raw?

When you need to shoot lots and lots and lots of frames fast.

Sure, you could shoot in raw......... and miss 95% of the action just waiting for the buffer to clear.

Kinda like this?
883815458_3oVEV-S.jpg

883765790_NtwsR-S.jpg

Combo of knowing what your exposure settings will produce (I exposed for the background using the sunny f/16 rule), and used fill flash; and knowing your way around post processing.

I think if you download the beta trial (free) of Lightroom 4, you will find it easier to develop a good work flow and will get a better understanding of what does what.

Oh? What situations would that be that can't be shot in Raw?

When you need to shoot lots and lots and lots of frames fast.

Sure, you could shoot in raw......... and miss 95% of the action just waiting for the buffer to clear.

I never felt like I've missed action due to a full buffer. So I guess I will just continue to shoot exclusively in RAW.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

I never felt like I've missed action due to a full buffer. So I guess I will just continue to shoot exclusively in RAW.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

Yeah, someone shooting a fashion show, or sports, or a breaking news event......... they're gonna shoot raw when they're holding the shutter button down more than not?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back