Close to Home with my 5D mkIII

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I managed to grab a good deal on a Canon 5D mkIII and sold my mkII to ease the pain of purchase. Focussing is quicker and more precise, but the menu system is very different from the MKII

Decided to take it for a trial run up the mountain behind our house today before I cooked Mother's Day lunch:

Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70 @ f/16 and 59mm 1/30

another-view-down-the-M4 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

24 - 70 L @ 43mm f/16 1/50

View-down-the-M4 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

24 - 70 L @40mm f/14 1/80

Afan-Valley by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Had meetings in Cardiff today so took the new Canon with me (waiting for my Pentax to be picked up as several things are wrong with it after a bit of a knock in the Lakes) It's a while since I have been to the Bay area:

Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70 f/13 28mm 1/100 ISO 100

Wales-Millenium-centre,-Cardiff by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I wandered into the centre of Cardiff following my meetings and grabbed some shots along the river Taff as the sun set:

Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70 28mm @ f/16 7 shots combined in photomatix

Cardiff-River-Terrace-at-Sunset by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Canon 5D mkIII EF 24 - 70 L f/16 24mm 30 secs ISO 200

looking-down-the-taff by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Very nice lets see some really high ISOs. 6400 and up.

thats one very scenic area you live in haha. i like the second photo a bit more, like the way the lights hitting the clouds and shining through onto the mountains, or are those hills?

I went for a wander with the Canon and took some shots under the M4 overpass and it was very dark so was forced to use high ISO. Am very impressed with the low light performance here:

Canon 5D Mark III EF 24 - 70 @ f/8 and 25mm 1/5 ISO 6400 (handheld resting against a pillar) No Noise reduction on this and sharpened using Nik Pro sharpener

Under-the-motorway-with-no-noise-reduction by singingsnapper, on Flickr

with NR in Define:

Under-the-M4-with-NR by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Back up the mountain after dark again but with the Canon.

Canon 5D mkIII EF 70 - 200 IS f/2.8L @ 115mm and f/16 72 seconds ISO 100

Nighttime at Taibach by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Took a bike ride to Mumbles this evening and took my Canon in my Pannier with a couple of lenses.

This is Mumbles Lifeboat station and the end of the pier:

Canon 5D mkIII 70 - 200 IS f/2.8 at 200mm and f/6.3 1/250 ISO 100

Mumbles-Lifeboat by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Just as I headed back towards Swansea, the sun was setting and Oystermouth Castle's floodlights lit the castle:

Canon 5D mk III 70 - 200 at 200mm f/5.6 and 1/100 (and I just remembered that the IS was turned off as was last using it on a tripod!) and ISO 800

Oystermouth-Castle-in-Mumbles-at-Dusk by singingsnapper, on Flickr

perhaps the mark3 is good, but:
- the 3 fird images are overexposed
- there for all the photograps few contrast

may you reedit the entire serie??? so mark 3 is perhaps a not so good investment! what is the optic?

ok : 70-200... results are better with a fix-200, or 300mm,
but why have you choose f/6.5 opening?

Everybody is always hung up on the 'High ISO' but what I find impressive when looking at these photos, assuming these are not HDR or composites, is the Dynamic Range.

Everybody is always hung up on the 'High ISO' but what I find impressive when looking at these photos, assuming these are not HDR or composites, is the Dynamic Range.

+1 the 3rd shot on top of the mountain the could look like hdr

Most reactions

Back