CMOS Sensor, large focal, High ISO, low price... can we find the pearl?

Yazo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody!

First of all, thanks to everybody who will read me. I am a beginner in the photography world, and also quite excited! I want to buy my first camera, but I need help to choose the best that would fit me perfectly. It would be so great if I get some of your advice!

Basically, I am a student, so I cannot afford a super expensive camera. Maybe 100-130$ is what I can put on the table. I travel a lot, and I see a lot of beautiful scenery that I would like to take into picture, with a easily transportable camera... so I might need a compact.

The thing is, there is a lake near my house. Beautiful during day, amazing at night, with the light of the city reflecting upon it surface. If my camera can take a great and wide picture of this scenery at day and night, then I ask for nothing more. In general, I love night, and cities at night. Find it beautiful.

My first research make me think like this: I should go for a CMOS senso. Better for low light. If I can get a focal lenght at 24mm, it will be great for landscape. High ISO to take picture during night. And as a bonus, a manual mode so I can play with all the function and learn about camera. Bonus n°2: I wish that camera is able to also take quick picture for casual use. So Fast shutter speed is a bonus as well.

Well, the thing is I have hard time finding this dream camera, so I really need your recommendations guys... :) Thank you so much.

I don't know how prices compare to where you live but for that budget you might want to try for a pre-loved dslr in good condition, making sure it can shoot in the RAW format. In saying that though the compacts have come a long way also. But ultimately its up to you, however I think if you like photography and want to learn more about it, you should go for the dslr. ;)

For $100, even a used DSLR is a stretch. Maybe you should save up a little more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back