CoastalConn, i got your Osprey, plus some birds fishing as well

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I told them to stick around here a while longer.... haha

I plan to go back this weekend hopefully, weather is nice, maybe I will bring the kayak, but then again the rain might make the water move too fast.

not the best photos, but at least I know they are back here, personally I was more happy with the heron photos I got.

1)
$fo2.jpg

2)
$fo3.jpg

3)
$fo4.jpg

4)
$fo5.jpg

herons:

in great reflection.
5)
$heron1.jpg

in flight with fish and soft farther away bg.

6)
$heron2.jpg

7)
$heron3.jpg

8)
$gull1.jpg

only posted this to ask, what was this heron thinking, this has to be one of the biggest fish I have seen one try to eat.
9)
$heroncrazyt.jpg

Man.......You birders do get some great stuff!!Great series!!

#9: That's just CRAZY! If it wasn't you posting this (or maybe one or two other TPFers), I'd swear that fish had to have been PS'ed in, because Herons just do NOT spear fish that are 3 times as big as their heads!! :lmao:

You know, why don't you just cut me and pore some salt and lemon juice in the wound :) Nice series..2 more weeks and the skies will be full of Ospreys. I've been stuck shooting all these Juvi Eagles that are too lazy to fish and they just steal stuff from the gulls. Although I did get a Juvi with a cormorant about 1/2 mile away :(

Oh, and my herons up here, just stand around, they never get stuff like giant fish 5 times the size of their head! Very cool!

Sweet series!

Oh my goodness, what does that Heron really think he's going to do with that fish in #9…does he really think he is going to fit that down his throat lol….greedy butt~! Very nice pics and I love both the osprey with fish and the heron with fish but favorite is #9…good capture Matthew :)

Last edited:
I wish the photos of the huge fish were better, but usually they grab them from the far side, really i think most of the fish are injured and wash up from the dam. But its far away and the background is distracting.

I have a short video of a heron with a catfish that must have been 3-4 lbs and 15-20 long

I think you all got it wrong. The fish is trying to eat the heron.
Great photos!

#9 falls in the, whats wrong with this picture, umm nothing actually but the heron has some serious issues when his food is large enough to feed a Grizzly and her cubs.Put that thing down before you hurt your self.

Nice shots :thumbup:

I really wish it would stop snowing.

Most reactions

Back