Coconut trees and night sky, experimenting with time lapse

Moodyville-ain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a little restless with the 3 hour difference, and decided to try some longer exposures, while in Maui. ( I know 3 hours isn't much but I'm already an insomniac) The clouds were low, thus reflecting the lights from Kihei.

Aperture: F/9 Shutter Speed: 30s ISO:1600
4051623819_396cd4ab86_o.jpg

Aperture: F/7 Shutter: 20s ISO: 1600
4052368758_f36179e3c7_o.jpg

Aperture: F/9 Shutter: 30s ISO: 1600
4051623853_1f1e76595e_o.jpg

They're a bit noisy, there was a small amount of ambient light, but not much. Other then ditch the kit lens for a faster/better one, what could I have done? I can't re-take them unfortunately :(

You're shooting at f/9? that's one problem. Kit lenses will usually go to about f/4. That will give you more light. Also using a lower ISO and a longer exposure will give you less noise. If your camera has a bulb setting, pick up a remote and shoot for some longer exposures.

Thanks for the advise :)

I shot at 1600 because anything lower wasnt coming out visible. Also I didn't know I had bulb mode :blushing: I was shooting in shutter priority, figuring that was the best for long exposures. That mode only allows 30 seconds max. Thats why the F/9 I should have shot in Manual. Ive only had this camera for 3 weeks now..... darn it, that information would have been usefull a week ago LOL, ah well at least now I know.

Here is the first pic unedited
4051792191_deb5cefaea_o.jpg

Gotta get myself a remote..... (shouts down the hall)......."HONEEYY, guess what I NEED!! " :lol:

Most reactions

Back