Code Red!!!

Shakka Brah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.innovationbmxclothing.com
Well maybe not quite red but I do have a situation. Here goes, I have roughly 30 pics left on a roll of film and it has been just sitting in my camera. I am not sure if it wastes the batteries because the little screen has the number of pics taken on it. I dont want to waste batteries and I want to use the film. Now for the problem I cant think of anything to shoot. It is 800 film so it will be pretty grainy. Now I ask for your help, post up some ideas to shoot.

I really just hate wasting film so if I can get an idea of something to shoot everything usually works out. So please lend some thoughts. I will just walk around tonight and finnish it if I dont get any better ideas.

Your batteries will last a LONG time at that state, so don't worry. You can always take them out if you are worried. Go see some live music and photograph the band. That'd be a great opportunity to use 800 film.

A couple of years ago I picked up my old Nikon 35mm SLR that hadn't been touched for around 10 years and the batteries were still OK. Still are now infact :)

Matt's idea is excellent! :)

I would add that, if you can't get to some live music, go out at evening time or some other low-light situation, where that 800 speed film will perform the best for you. Batteries should be fine, but go ahead and finish up the roll.

Have fun!

Now that the holidays are here, go shoot the lights, you could probably handhold with 800 and not have to use a tripod.

Or... go into a totally dark room with a black bag. Open the camera take out the exposed film... tear off the part that is exposed... put it in the black back... carry it to a one hour lab that can put it in one of their generic cassettes and process it. The cost for the small amount of pictures will be minimal

You can save the unused film to use later if you want. Toss it in the frig with a note on it.

You never say it this is c-41 color or B&W. If it is C-41 then you could try pulling it to a lower ISO, c-41 is always developed at the rated ISO even when it is pulled or pushed? That’s what I recall Matt Needham posting once before.

I dont know about that jeff..

I always rated 200 film at one hundred under strobe to give it more punch with thicker negatives.

I think when you develop it you have a couple of stops to play with not like digital, but if does make a difference...

Most reactions

Back