I love the idea of the first picture. It is a bit dark but I think it would make a great shot if it were lightened up a bit.
I did some more at lower shutter but they came out blurred this was without a tripod btw :mrgreen: I think my cameras screen is giving me a false sence of brightness hmm will have to go lower shutter than I usually 'think' from now on as alot of people comment on my pics being dark..
I don't know what camera you have, but if it has an option to view the histogram, I would recommend using that to judge.
The shadows need brighting, not the highlights. The problem is, you probably didn't capture any detail, and you can't get it now.
I think my camera has this somewhere if you mean a graph of the levels?will have to find it what am I looking for?
Yes, the graph of the levels.
http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/understanding-series/understanding-histograms.shtml