Cold Steel 2

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
This was taken with my digital camera, Olympus, 3.2 megapixel. AF Zoom 5.8-17.4mm lens. It obviously isnt done with film. I Fixed it up in Gimp the image size is 530 x 439. I messed with the color balance a bit cuz I was going for a certain hue. And I faded the edges. This was taken in my room, the lighting in here isnt that great so its kinda hard to get a good shot. I wanted a good shot of my fetish collar cuz the look of shiny metal in photography is just awsome to me. The intention is to have the appreciation and visual pleasure I get when looking at objects like this. I want a critique on this because I am doing the best I can with the resources I have, and some of the resources are new to me and I want to exel in this field very much. So if anyone has helpful suggestions or techiniques i can use, I would appreciate it very much.
(note: the flash on my camera is very bright and it cannot be fixed, so i know the lighting is a little funny)

framemetal.jpg

a simple and extremely cheap way of turning down your flash brightness is to place tissue paper in front of it. Just filters out some of the light :) Use more or less paper as required.

Re: Flash - depending on how it's working, your flash may just keep putting out light until it gets the exposure it works. If that's the case, the tissue paper wont really work. I dunno about your camera/flash, however.

As for the image, I'd shoot it w/o flash. I hate flash, personally - light, even when there isn't much of it, usually has qualities you want to capture.

I'd also try a tighter crop on the metal, to focus things a bit. Bring down the tones on the dead areas to try and make it a little more specific.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back