Collecting Wedding Info

nkmaurer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone that shoots many weddings had some kind of form that the couple fills out that gives the details about their wedding. (ex- times, places, bridal party size etc...) Something maybe to fill out together to make sure I wouldn't forget to ask something. I found that when I talk to them in person I don't write enough down and now that I am taking more weddings I can't keep all the details straight.

A two second google search turned up this: http://www.taphilo.com/Photo/weddings/weddingcontract.shtml

perhaps that helps :)

In addition to his stated wedding fee, he charges $50 per roll of film he takes?? I've never heard of that! Is that common??

Photographer mistakes are not hidden from the couple. Since all film and prints are given to them any exposure, framing, focusing mistakes is also seen and received. This occurrence, though not wanted by the photographer, is guaranteed to occur due to statistics of mechanical, human and situational errors that cannot be overcome. As such the couple should realize that, on average, 3 frames out of 36 will be unusable due to any variety of reasons.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

There is no right or wrong way to charge. Maybe he prefers to charge $50 per roll of film, rather than raising his standard fee. Or maybe it's because he's had clients want him to take 1000 photos, and he ends up loosing money because of the cost of film & developing.

As for the 2nd part of it...that sounds like a standard clause for a photographer that turns over the film.

You need to understand that a wedding photographer needs to have a very comprehensive contract with all sorts of clauses like this. Much of it sounds terrible but it's for your protection. Many of them stem from past experience. In this case, a client probably had a hissy fit because 3 frames out of every 36, were duds. Of course, you can't have every exposure be perfect but some clients don't understand that, so you put it into the contract. Of course, most photographers edit and cull their images before the client sees them, so this would not be an issue.

There is no right or wrong way to charge. Maybe he prefers to charge $50 per roll of film, rather than raising his standard fee. Or maybe it's because he's had clients want him to take 1000 photos, and he ends up loosing money because of the cost of film & developing.

I just think it would make the bride nervous. I'd be watching to see how many times he changed film, hee hee. Seriously, though, I do see your point. :)

Of course, most photographers edit and cull their images before the client sees them, so this would not be an issue.

I guess if he's giving them his negatives, he'd have to have that in the contract. :) It's kind of like digital photographers showing the images before they're processed.

I was just curious if anyone that shoots many weddings had some kind of form that the couple fills out that gives the details about their wedding. (ex- times, places, bridal party size etc...) Something maybe to fill out together to make sure I wouldn't forget to ask something. I found that when I talk to them in person I don't write enough down and now that I am taking more weddings I can't keep all the details straight.

thanks for this question the google search was very helpful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back