Very Troubling TV New Series

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, the other night, we watched a much promoed thingie on "Bad Wedding Photographers".

Now, I'm against photogs that don't deliver, but this wasn't about this. This was about "bad" wedding photography.

The gripes were:
1. Bad exposure
2. Sub contractors
3. Sub standard cameras
4. Crap like light switches in the photos.

Ok, first of all, this photogs starting price is $550. He shows on his website EXACTLY what he does. Warts and all. He was crucified in my humble opinion. He tried to defend himself, even calling the cops on the news team that showed up......to no avail.
Hey, what the hell do you want for a $550 wedding? These brides were not "tricked", they were "cheap". They got exactly what was advertised.
I hope you support this photog, as I do.
Please see his site at: well I'd give it to you, but it's down now.
This is a crappy shame! The guys showed his photos. The brides beeocthed when they got what they exactly what they were shown and paid for. Now this photog is ruined.

Weird. Was this an actual new series where they will have more episodes on "bad" photographers? Or was it some sort of special they had on the Dallas local news?

I quickly looked at their site, and you're right, you can see the quality of their work right there. It's frustrating because the public thinks good pictures are taken in an instant and don't realize how much time is spent learning to get the photo right and then perfect it in photoshop. Which means many don't want to pay a photographer well.

Eek. I don't know what to say. I'm the person who knows there are 2 sides to an issue and it's hard to make a judgement based on a stupid TV show. I know, as a bride, I was upset when our wedding photographer neglected to take any pictures of one member of our bridal party, even though she had walked down the aisle. It was a missed moment that I'll never get back. She was even on the list of those whom I wanted photographed. Now, as a photographer, I'm still undecided as to whether I should be angry at him or not. But it was one bride, one moment, and there would be no way I would blast him on a TV show.

No April, from what I understand, this is an ongoing series. What is bad for 500 bucks? Not much, IMO.
And who is it exactly on the news teams that decide what is bad?
Hey, look at the pricing. This guy is doing a great service IMO. He isn't asking much for his 20 years of experience. He's a shoot and burn guy and says as much.
But there he was on Local but bigtime Dallas/Fort Worth News hiding his face, trying to run from the camera man, and had to call the cops.
It's horrible.
Cheap ass brides, listen up. You get blown out photos. You get subs. You get all the warts of your gymnasium wedding decorated by your mommy.
What the heck did they expect?
The worst part is this guy who gave 20 years of his life is totally ruined. They have kids. They will probably lose their home. It sucks. It sucks alot.
And he isn't to blame. That is the worst part of it. He showed EXACTLY what he does. Is he a great photog? No. He's average. And now, he will probably lose his home.
How fair is that?
NEVER work with cheap ass brides. Ever. Get insurance for the crazy folks.

Eek. I don't know what to say. I'm the person who knows there are 2 sides to an issue and it's hard to make a judgement based on a stupid TV show. I know, as a bride, I was upset when our wedding photographer neglected to take any pictures of one member of our bridal party, even though she had walked down the aisle. It was a missed moment that I'll never get back. She was even on the list of those whom I wanted photographed. Now, as a photographer, I'm still undecided as to whether I should be angry at him or not. But it was one bride, one moment, and there would be no way I would blast him on a TV show.

Wm, no offense, but what was your budget, and what did you pay for?

Weird. Was this an actual new series where they will have more episodes on "bad" photographers? Or was it some sort of special they had on the Dallas local news?

I quickly looked at their site, and you're right, you can see the quality of their work right there. It's frustrating because the public thinks good pictures are taken in an instant and don't realize how much time is spent learning to get the photo right and then perfect it in photoshop. Which means many don't want to pay a photographer well.

They saw exactly what he does. And then they wanted a 5000 dollar photog after the wedding.
No fair.
This guy is totally ruined. It's not right. The cheap ass brides got a photog willing to do their gymnasium weddings at a bargain. And then, when they saw what was really there, they were pissed.
Not his fault. He recorded the event. As it was.

And BTW, I'm not saying that brides need to spend X amount of money.
What I am saying is that if they are cheap ass brides, who luckily find photogs willing to do their weddings, they should do a freaking happy dance that they found them.

Wm, no offense, but what was your budget, and what did you pay for?

Our price was $2500 which included the ceremony, pictures in between, and the reception (all of which were at the same location), total time of 4 hours. This included one (I think it was 30 pages) wedding album. Additional photos were extra.

Am I alone here? Speak up. This guy is about to lose his home.

from looking at his website, his work isnt horrible....its not like he's delivering a bunch of blurry/ out of foucs fotos.....they just lack any style, creativity or umph...........dont people look at the work before hiring someone?

The only thing that gives me pause about this case is this part: "Picture Perfect Moment also has an unsatisfactory record with the Better Business Bureau because of unanswered complaints." Why wouldn't he answer the complaints? If someone had entered a complaint against me, I certainly would answer it. :) Again, I don't know both sides. I'm only hearing what the news wants us to hear, which is unfortunate.

from looking at his website, his work isnt horrible....its not like he's delivering a bunch of blurry/ out of foucs fotos.....they just lack any style, creativity or umph...........dont people look at the work before hiring someone?

That's the point. They DID look at his site. And then they hired him because he was cheap.
And then they sicked the news on him because they got EXACTLY what they saw.
This should be a major wake up call.
I know for sure I wouldn't want the news cameras in my face first thing in the morning because some cheap ass bride was pissed because of her cheap ass wedding photos of her cheap ass wedding.

The only thing that gives me pause about this case is this part: "Picture Perfect Moment also has an unsatisfactory record with the Better Business Bureau because of unanswered complaints." Why wouldn't he answer the complaints? If someone had entered a complaint against me, I certainly would answer it. :) Again, I don't know both sides. I'm only hearing what the news wants us to hear, which is unfortunate.

And why the hell wouldn't they look? They looked. They just didn't care. They got some $500 wedding photography. And then they wine and complain that it isn't good enough. For $500 bucks? They cound't get an album for that from most wedding photogs.
Buyer's remorse. Meanwhile, this guy is getting totally crucified. He's going to lose his home. He has children. If you don't stand up in support, we should all just sit down and watch us get picked off one by one by cheap ass brides.

Our price was $2500 which included the ceremony, pictures in between, and the reception (all of which were at the same location), total time of 4 hours. This included one (I think it was 30 pages) wedding album. Additional photos were extra.

For that amount of money, you have a ligit gripe. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back