College football Saturdays.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Late October but the weather was warm and sunny. Couldn't ask for a better day to shoot a football game.

1) 1D mk IV, 300mm f/2.8, 1/3200, f/2.8, ISO 320
KState-OU-0121.jpg

2) 1D mk IV, 300mm f/2.8, 1/3200, f/2.8, ISO 320
KState-OU-0154.jpg

3) 1D mk IV, 300mm f/2.8, 1/3200, f/2.8, ISO 500
KState-OU-0214.jpg

4) 1D mk IV, 300mm f/2.8, 1/3200, f/3.2, ISO 125
KState-OU-0467.jpg

5) 1D mk IV, 300mm f/2.8, 1/3200, f/3.2, ISO 100
KState-OU-0644.jpg

I like #5, but if I get down on my knee for a shot like that, it will take too long to get up. :(
I like the catches on #1 and 4.

I like #5, but if I get down on my knee for a shot like that, it will take too long to get up. :(

Thanks. Good thing about at that stadium is most of us stayed in one spot for the quarter before moving. I switched back and forth from kneeling to sitting on the ground.

Once again, nice action shots.....

Thanks Jeff.

Thanks. Good thing about at that stadium is most of us stayed in one spot for the quarter before moving. I switched back and forth from kneeling to sitting on the ground.

Thanks Jeff.

Sitting is even worse for this old fart, to be able to get up.
Got to be able to get out of their way.

I've not seen them overrun the end zone. So I could sit or kneel 5 or 10 yards beyond the end zone, about the same distance that the team has their video camera station setup.

Thanks Jeff.

Sitting is even worse for this old fart, to be able to get up.
Got to be able to get out of their way.

I've not seen them overrun the end zone. So I could sit or kneel 5 or 10 yards beyond the end zone, about the same distance that the team has their video camera station setup.

That's where I was sitting was on the dotted line past the back of the endzone. Really didn't have to worry about them running over me. And I wasn't moving very fast either. I had a knee bothering me all day is why I was sitting. (But a side note: it does give you a cool vantage point.)

The crimson and cream never looked better. Boomer Sooners!

They did look good for sure. I feel really blessed to have gotten the opportunities to shoot them that I have. Would love to make it a weekly habit.

hmmm, interesting idea for the yearbook kids, 70-300 out past the end zone.
But with our lights on the 15yard line. The players have to be out at about the 30yard line or beyond to get the face illuminated.
That will have to wait for next season, as I doubt any will go to the last away/road game.

But it might also work for soccer and lacrosse, which are coming up.
Thanks for the idea.

Most reactions

Back