What's new

College Portolio feedback?

Thanks guys, furthering the reason I want to get off of here. Everything I have said has been honest. Tyler you have absolutely no right to "analyze" me. You have never met me before, I had a logical reason for everything I have said. I am still sending in a portfolio but I only have a few days left to send it. Without a scholarship I cant afford college. According to the critique, my photos are crap. Ergo, no scholarship, no college. So I don't have any reason to be disheartened? I apologize. I appreciate the advice given on this site, I do not appreciate the trolling that just blew up on this forum. I hate forums, but I chose one because its my only access to photographers who know what they are talking about. I've been critiqued by college professors, and they were much more professional about it (not generalizing everyone who replied to this topic!) I've already emailed the site to delete my account, so just don't worry about it, I'll finish this on my own, and see where it takes me. Probably no where, but its worth the shot. If I am a typical teen, this site has been the typical forum that loves to jump at any reason to be a jerk. Again, not everyone on here, I have gotten a lot of helpful advice from some of you and I thank you for that.

Although Tyler you are completely correct on the last part of the analysis, that was certainly angsty teen speak, I was upset and let the moment get to me. But I am quick to bounce back.

Have fun guys, so long.
 
Ok guys calm down. She's young. No need to beat her into the ground. I changed my concentration in college twice from Painting to Sculpture and then finally to Graphic Design (Photography wasn't an option at my school) She may think she wants something now but later on she could go a totally different direction but first she needs to get into the school she wants. Let's be nice and help her out.

OhI, a lot of your revised portfolio is just repetitious. You have a few more days to get some more shots. Pick 1 or 2 of your favorite concert pick, keep the sax player, the piano is a bit cliche but it works on some levels. Try a self portrait. You can't get more "about you" than a self portrait. What happened to the "air guitar" idea? Go kidnap a friend and make them pose for you :). I like the B&W singer and the jam session with the dog. Ditch the guy in the red holding the cup.

Seriously, you can do this. I know in the end it is your application and your decision. And remember you already got into Savannah you could always keep trying to get into Cali and transfer.

Some of those were self portraits...kinda, I'm the chick with the black hair in the one with my friend and I in that alley, and the headless person over the camera..dunno if that counts though. I tried to do my air guitar idea, but my room has no lights and only windows, they turned out super dark =/
and I need it to be in my room for the "aspiring to heroes" theme since i have a wall full of band posters. Thank you for being one of the most helpful people on the forum, for giving constructive criticism and advice without "beating me to the ground"
 
My comment was meant to be motivating, not de-motivating.

I understand that kids these days are at a great disadvantage: they've been raised to think that they are unique and special, and even the worst player in Little League gets a trophy at the end of the season. Well, if you really want to be a success, the first thing to realize is that you're not special (none of us are) and that it's dog-eat-dog out there. Working towards your goals may be tough, but spending the rest of your life flipping hamburgers will be even tougher. It's your choice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom