color mode

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i've been shooting in sRGB mode. i've been reading up on this a little and think i should be shooting in Adobe RGB mode for general photography shots. is this your impression as well? if so, how do set PS CS to default to Adobe RGB? thanks for any infomation you can share.

Adobe RGB is a wider color space, which will give you a larger gamut of colors, ie, more color. It's good to shoot in Adobe RGB, and adjust your photos in it, but convert to srgb before posting to the web, because srgb is closer to what monitor profiles use.

Go to edit, color settings, and you can set your rgb workspace to adobe rgb.

Good question Jon I was wondering the same thing :) I guess we'll have to test this one out...

i always shoot RAW, was just wondering about color mode....thanks Matt!

In RAW the camera captures the colors in it's full gamut and doesn't convert it to whatever you set it.

In raw, the camera records what settings you used, but doesn't apply them. If you set it to Adobe RGB in camera, it will be set to that in your raw editor and you won't have to "worry" about it in post process either.

You have to set it in the RAW converter, I don't think the converter reads it from the RAW, like the 'as shot' white balance. Are you sure?

I mean in C1 you set it in the color management settings rather than C1 reads it from the data, right?

C1 reads the color space from the raw file, and you can change it. You can set it to embed the camera profile, use one you have selected, embed a generic grayscale, or a web destination.

Canon's digital photo professional does the same thing. Reads it from the raw file, and allows you to change it, but it will default to the cameras profile.

Either way, it doesn't matter. When I said shoot, I just meant, use Adobe rgb.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back