Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Color
DSC_1937.jpg

B&W
DSC_1934.jpg

Which do you prefer?

I think this is definitely a B&W picture, but I think the exposure needs a little tweaking; the combination of nearly blown highlights around the tree in the background and black areas in the foreground don't work well for me. Perhaps a reshoot with a little fill-flash to even out the exposure a bit?

It may be just my monitor, but areas (like the inside of the 'barrow) seem to have an almost sepia cast. What might be interesting is a super-high contrast B&W...

B&W - it gives a total nostalgic look

definitely b/w. in the color, my eyes were more drawn to the grass in the background because of it's bright color.
however, in the b/w, the way overexposed background is more noticeable.

The exposure is going to stay just like it is on both pictures. So.. going with that.. Which do you prefer?

I vote for the B&W one.

But I do confess to having a bias. I find most mundane color shots to be rather emotionally flat. Sure, some are great and many use color quite well.

But I find the B&W shot more emotionally engaging. Viewing the B&W shot, I believe (perhaps foolishly LOL) that people tend to project more of their own past and experiences into the photo.

For the most part, I "see" color photos, but I "feel" B%W photos.

:er:

I picked the B&W and put it up on my site, although i like them both.. But i do feel the black and white has more feeling to it... You can possibly connect with it more.

Most reactions

Back