Judeamarco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After impulse buying ColourPerfect and getting a new V550, I wanted to scan a few of my old rolls with VueScan. But... Oh God, I tried watching the tutorial for black and white scans in the ColorNeg site but 5 minutes in, I wanted to go scratch my ears out.

Anyone got any experience with working on linear black and white scans with CS6 and ColourPerfect?

The Epsom software does a good job, why not just use that?

Well, I could also! I usually use the Epson software for black and white and just adjust things in Photoshop but I figured since I bought the ColourPerfect, might as well try and figure out how to do black and white with that one as well!

Last edited:
I hate vuescan. Maybe i'm not using it right, but I never was able to get good scans with it. The Epson software has always worked fine for me.

see:
Flickr - Photo Sharing!

How do you use Vuescan then? I'm very curious as there really are tons of ways to do things with this program.

How do you use Vuescan then? I'm very curious as there really are tons of ways to do things with this program.

I dunno, I haven't tried in a couple years. Epson's software does what I want, and I'm an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda guy when it comes to my scanning software.

Maybe the current version is better, I dunno, but when I was trying it before, I couldn't get the color right easily, and my scans all looked super grainy, even if the negatives weren't. Of course, the color part only applies to c41 negatives.

It's relatively common to scan black and white negatives as of they were color positives. With some software, that gives deeper bit depth, and a bigger file to work with than using the B&W negative setting options. I do most of mine that way.

Most reactions

Back