Colourless Rose

I think the first on is better. I think the second one was taken a little to far with darkening. The first one lacks a little...contrast, but its still a great capture

I don't know what type of lens you were using, but something I have tried many times on a black background and something that really works well, is to use some selective focusing methods, zeroing in on a area that appeals to you, and shoot wide open!
Just try it sometime for a different look, .......... a different overall feel!

The second image you posted appeals to these eyes a little more than the first.
Nice one!!

eydryan said:
i personally don't find the first softer, just weaker in contrast. for soft, blur is necessary. fmpov, at least...

The lack in contrast gives it a, shall I call it a "creamy" sense. It's very soothing. Too much contrast in a black in white flower makes it harsh and sharp when it should be flowing and soft.

that's true, but i thought that while it is bw and thus it kinda looses the sofness give by colour more contrast brings out what we're looking for:an unusual flower, you know,then it was soft and colourful now it is strong and bw. there are of course many ways of making it pretty but i believe that if you in fact do that "lack of contrast" operation thing :D you also have to use some other smoothing such as a radial blur or somthing to compensate for the loss of colour. just less contrast doesn't give the whole sensation.

now that i look at the second, it kinda looks like a pencil sketch, and i see also that the petals are not so healthy :) thus we must use soft focus :D

I don't want to hide the way the petals are starting to die. I liked it in the image, usually photos of flowers are always of flowers in full bloom, no blemishes. I don't really like that type all the time.

Thanks for the advice though all :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back