Coming in from The Bay!

michaelpohl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm an 18 year old senior from the east bay (California). I noticed the FroKnowsPhoto forums have been slacking lately, and saw this link somewhere on it, so here I am! I've been into photography for quite a while, I got my first point and shoot at 4. I had that for a year or so before that broke and didn't get another camera until I was 12, which was a Canon point and shoot that had manual controls. I didn't get my first DSLR until I was 16, (Just over a year ago, Christmas 2013) a Canon T3i. With that camera I got the kit lens and a EF 75-300mm III, which I use a lot for sports and public events, and a few months later I picked up a 50mm f1.8. I'm the editor-in-chief for my HS's yearbook, a yearbook class that has 2 point and shoots and the lousiest photography company, so I mainly shoot HS stuff and you'll probably see a lot of that. I shoot so much of it I decided to not do track this year (which highly disappointed my XC coach that her captain wasn't coming back) because I was covering events 3-4 times a week and didn't have the time for track. I've also been doing freelance work for a couple of newspapers (about 2 dozen published photos), and I'm an intern at Delta Sports Magazine. My favorite thing by far is shooting senior portraits under my "company" of Michael Pohl Photography, where I do natural light portraits. I also love working with models when I have the time. I pretty much enjoy shooting anything. I'm currently saving up for a Canon 6D, as I'd love to go to full frame and find myself needing to go above ISO 800 (which I refuse to on my t3i), and a EF 100mm f2. I can take extreamly hard criticism and love feedback so come at me as hard as you can. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Best Intro I've read here so far. I look forward to seeing your stuff kid!!

PS: How's G-Eazy? lmao

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Most reactions

Back