comments on website trouble

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The guy who helped me with my blog isn't available these days and I don't know when he will be (family issues) so I'll just try to find some help here.

Who here knows something about websites and have a bit time to try to help?

Here's the explanation.

I have a blog on Wordpress. I neglected it for a past month or so but I'm ready to write a bit again.

I have troubles with comments there. I didn't use any protection and because of that I would get huge amount of spammers every day! It was unbearable after some time. I couldn't keep the track of them and couldn't delete that amount of comments daily. So I took one day just for that, I deleted all of the spam comments and I installed Disqus Comment System.

The trouble now is that Disqus transferred just the two first real comments I got on my blog. It didn't transfer all the comments. I tried to transfer them three times, it took a long time but it did nothing.

I don't get spam messages trough comments... now I'm getting spam messages trough my contact form. lol

Is anyone here familiar with Disqus? Maybe I should deactivate Disqus and get another plug in? Which one do you recommend? Maybe I messed up something?

here's a piece of the page now $12comments.jpg and when you click on the link you got nothing, just page reload

and here's what Disqus says $0comments.jpg

thanks!

Last edited:
What theme are you using on wordpress? Did you buy one or use a free one?

not a free one

$01_preview1.__large_preview.jpg

I blame evil spirits.
have you tried an exorcism yet?
hey, I was thinking the same! you wouldn't believe what they write ;)

will you help me with exorcism? I'm scared!

Nice pick.

I would ditch disqus, and if you just need to cut back on spam, try Akismet. I believe you have to sign up to get a "key", I believe its free also. But I used that a long time ago and had no issues with it.

If you want 'private' help, I'm a web guru and can help you just shoot me a PM.

-
Sean

Most reactions

Back