What's new

Commercial shot

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
148
Location
Kankakee, IL
I wish we had a gallery for product photography. Anyway... this was a bit of a challenge. I shot this on the shop floor, and the glass doors presented a few problems.

IMG_8182.jpg
 
Looks good to me.

Did you do somthing to about the glass while you were shooting? (I'm guessing the reflections were a problem)

Or did you fix it in post?
 
Big Mike said:
Looks good to me.

Did you do something to about the glass while you were shooting? (I'm guessing the reflections were a problem)

Or did you fix it in post?

A bit of both. Yeah... the reflections were the problem. I lit the cabinet and guarded against light falling on anything in front of the cabinet. No light... no image. So I worked to keep anything I couldn't move in the shadows. I did a bit of clean-up in PS.
 
Glass reflections? Whoudlnt' a polarizer fix that to a certain extent?
 
^ polarizer would totally clean that up.
 
Sw1tchFX said:
Glass reflections? Whoudlnt' a polarizer fix that to a certain extent?

Gosh... I wouldn't even know how to begin using a polarizer with strobes. And it would cost me a stop and a half, not to mention the additional glass. Hmmmm.
 
Ya...I'm not sure if a polarizer would cut reflections from artificial light sources. :scratch:
 
Big Mike said:
Ya...I'm not sure if a polarizer would cut reflections from artificial light sources. :scratch:

Well... I THINK it would. I suppose it's the aperture that's my larger concern. It would take a BUNCH of "umph" to shoot at f16 or smaller with a polarizer. All I had with me on location was 2400ws, and multiple pops was out of the question (couldn't stop production by turning off room lights).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom