Commercial shot

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
I wish we had a gallery for product photography. Anyway... this was a bit of a challenge. I shot this on the shop floor, and the glass doors presented a few problems.

IMG_8182.jpg

Looks good to me.

Did you do somthing to about the glass while you were shooting? (I'm guessing the reflections were a problem)

Or did you fix it in post?

Big Mike said:
Looks good to me.

Did you do something to about the glass while you were shooting? (I'm guessing the reflections were a problem)

Or did you fix it in post?

A bit of both. Yeah... the reflections were the problem. I lit the cabinet and guarded against light falling on anything in front of the cabinet. No light... no image. So I worked to keep anything I couldn't move in the shadows. I did a bit of clean-up in PS.

Glass reflections? Whoudlnt' a polarizer fix that to a certain extent?

^ polarizer would totally clean that up.

Sw1tchFX said:
Glass reflections? Whoudlnt' a polarizer fix that to a certain extent?

Gosh... I wouldn't even know how to begin using a polarizer with strobes. And it would cost me a stop and a half, not to mention the additional glass. Hmmmm.

Ya...I'm not sure if a polarizer would cut reflections from artificial light sources. :scratch:

Big Mike said:
Ya...I'm not sure if a polarizer would cut reflections from artificial light sources. :scratch:

Well... I THINK it would. I suppose it's the aperture that's my larger concern. It would take a BUNCH of "umph" to shoot at f16 or smaller with a polarizer. All I had with me on location was 2400ws, and multiple pops was out of the question (couldn't stop production by turning off room lights).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back