Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys
I need some help
I need to buy a digital camera and I want to buy one with remote control
and I'm not able to find any model

I travel a lot because of work and I use a camera extender to take pictures
now my camera broke so I would like to buy one with a remote, so it will make my life easier, insted of using the timer

hope to hear from you guys
thank you in advance

For my Panasonic Lumix FZ200 I use a remote, but there are also wireless remotes for this camera,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=FZ200%20remote

The FZ200 is an excellent allround bridge camera,

Rudi

+1 to what he said.. But then again it's not exactly a compact digital camera per say. You may look at the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX350 if you want really light weight with semi-decent quality. You can use your smartphone as a remote with this.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
+1 to what he said.. But then again it's not exactly a compact digital camera per say. You may look at the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX350 if you want really light weight with semi-decent quality. You can use your smartphone as a remote with this.[/QUOTE]

Miguel has not really mentioned what kind of camera he wants, all he said was he needs one that works with a remote, so both camera's are options.
Rudi

The Sony RX100 II or III also capable of connecting to smartphone for Remote.

Miguel has not really mentioned what kind of camera he wants, all he said was he needs one that works with a remote, so both camera's are options.
Rudi
He did mention it, read the title.

Yes, but in fact a bridge is also a compact, only bigger:)

Miguel, what camera did you use before it broke? Apart from the remote, what kind of camera are you looking for (your budget, zoomrange, with EVF or not, pocketable or not, etc)?

The Sony RX100 Mk II and Mk III are the best compacts at the moment.
Rudi

Last edited:
Yes, but in fact a bridge is also a compact, only bigger:)
Now we are entering a grey area where I don't think anybody has the right answers. Albeit the bridge cameras can be classified as point and shoots, but are they compact? Arguable I would say. For me a compact camera is something that fits in my pocket, for others it may be something that doesn't need additional lenses. There are no standard bodies maintaining these definitions unfortunately. :lol:

Miguel, what camera did you use before it broke? Apart from the remote, what kind of camera are you looking for (your budget, zoomrange, with EVF or not, etc)?Rudi
Very good questions, one that should have been answered in the first post. I wish some of my friends bought the RX100s, I've heard very very good things about them.

Now we are entering a grey area where I don't think anybody has the right answers. Albeit the bridge cameras can be classified as point and shoots, but are they compact? Arguable I would say. For me a compact camera is something that fits in my pocket, for others it may be something that doesn't need additional lenses. There are no standard bodies maintaining these definitions unfortunately. :lol:

You're right, a compact is what the name says, a small camera. When the camera starts to look like a DSLR, it's a bridge or hybrid.
Some system camera's have a small body but are not compacts. Very confusesing for someone who doesn't knows much about photography. :)
Rudi

Most reactions

New Topics

Back