Composite background??

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What color would be best for cutouts?? I want to cut children out and place them on a backgrounds.

A specific colour is much less important than contrast. If the children have light hair, then put them in light clothes and use a dark background; if they have dark hair, than reverse.

Ok, yeah, I see what your saying now, thanks.
I was searching and I found a post about green screen. What's your thoughts on green screen?
Same thing, contrast?

A specific colour is much less important than contrast. If the children have light hair, then put them in light clothes and use a dark background; if they have dark hair, than reverse.
I am about to order some paper from Savage, what would you go with? White and black? The teams suits vary in color

I am about to order some paper from Savage, what would you go with? White and black? The teams suits vary in color

Thunder Gray?

I have that in my basket. Savage really pushes the green screen.

Thunder Gray?

Thunder Gray?
This is about the only time I wouldn't recommend Thunder Gray unless you gel it. It can be very challenging to get good separation when dealing with dark hair on a gray background. The bodies/uniforms won't present too much of a challenge, especially if they're properly lit, but if you have someone with dark spikey or "fluffy" hair, getting a decent selection against gray will be a nightmare. Chromakey green is fine, but it's ONLY good for doing cutouts, and you need a fair amount of separation in order to ensure you don't get any background reflection. I would be inclined to go for white myself.

Thunder Gray?
This is about the only time I wouldn't recommend Thunder Gray unless you gel it. It can be very challenging to get good separation when dealing with dark hair on a gray background. The bodies/uniforms won't present too much of a challenge, especially if they're properly lit, but if you have someone with dark spikey or "fluffy" hair, getting a decent selection against gray will be a nightmare. Chromakey green is fine, but it's ONLY good for doing cutouts, and you need a fair amount of separation in order to ensure you don't get any background reflection. I would be inclined to go for white myself.

Thanks for the help. I only have to lights, I'm going to run one overhead and center and another light shooting across and a reflector on the other side and shoot it all with a 17 -40 kinda close.
Well, kinda like this, just minus a light.... I hope lol

I use green screen and bright yellow gaffa tape... only because it’s easy to spot and edit out.

. I only have to lights, I'm going to run one overhead and center and another light shooting across and a reflector on the other side

I've followed several of Joel's videos, and found them helpful. One thing to consider from this video is his comment about "matching the light". One of the issues I have with so many cut & paste images is that the photographer didn't consider things like light direction, quality, intensity, color, etc. between the two. Those subtle differences become visable when you put the two together.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back