Composition help

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm my own worst critic. I can't decide which one I like better. What do you guys think?

number one by far.

definitely #1

I'll be the oddball - I like #3 better ;)

I'll be the oddball - I like #3 better ;)

I'm kinda in the same boat. I like that you can just make out the words. I think it paints a clearer picture of what everything is.

What I like about #3 is that the whole helmet is there and the colors are sharper... Makes it look better in my opinion ;)

I agree with JEffieLove. The helmet seems to pop more.

I like the helmet colors in three but like the comp of one.

One of the many guidelines in composition is that blurred or out-of-focus objects should always be behind the centre of interest. Otherwise they distract the eye of the viewer.

That immediately rules out number 2. The next decision from the view of composition is: Which object is your centre of interest? If it is all of them, then you should have used a smaller fstop (16) and perhaps a wider angle lens. If it is just the helmet then the object beside it is still a visual distraction even if it is slightly out of focus and should not be in the picture. The coat however should be sharp.

So from a strict composition point of view, none of them are quite right.

By the way www.photoinf.com has some basic composition articles for photographers.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back