What's new

Compound (First Arthropoda Macro!)

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
855
Location
Mountain View, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The first of many arthropod macro shots with the new setup. Still getting the hang of this whole 1mm DOF plane aspect. Can't wait to get outside for a sunny day of shooting! Until then its finding other subjects around the apartment like this guy. Oh, he was roughly 1cm long, being generous with that.


Compound by TogaLive, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy it, and hope to bring you all better shots soon!

Best,

Toga



50mm on 49mm tube
1/200
f/8
Speedlight at 1/32 (no diffuser yet for macro :( )
 
Oh and I didn't make this apparent in the title or the original post, but CC would be appreciated. This scale of macro is a new area for me.
 
Wow, the color in the eyes are amazing. I would have loved to see the whole "creature" in focus though but I see you are still working with it. Cool shot though for sure.
 
Lovely! Nicely shot!
 
Wow, the color in the eyes are amazing. I would have loved to see the whole "creature" in focus though but I see you are still working with it. Cool shot though for sure.

I thought the same, the eyes were beautiful! As for getting the whole thing in focus, that wouldn't be possible without focus stacking (after f/8 IQ drops), which would be quite difficult considering it was a handheld shot. Still, something to try next time!

Lovely! Nicely shot!

Thanks Charlie, glad you enjoyed it!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom