What's new

Condensation, light and dark.

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This morning while I enjoyed my coffee in my favourite room the light was shining through the condensation so I had an early start behind the lens ;)
Upload has lost a smidge of sharpness. Boo!
Would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks for taking a look :)


Light







Dark
 
I like the variation; comparing, i like the second far more than the first :D
 
Oh, my...that first shot is NICE!!!!!!!!!!! Really,really nicely done! Dang!
 
I like the pattern of the condensation in the first one better, but the tone of the second better. I might bump the contrast in the second just a bit, but that's me. I've been known to be off on contrast before.

I'm curious about the bigger picture - what's creating the waves in the background counter to the flow of the condensation.
 
I like the variation; comparing, i like the second far more than the first :D

Oh, my...that first shot is NICE!!!!!!!!!!! Really,really nicely done! Dang!
This is why I love you guys <3
Upload has lost a smidge of sharpness. Boo!
Sharpness looks just fine to me, as do both photos. Good stuff.
Thanks Invisible :)
I like the pattern of the condensation in the first one better, but the tone of the second better. I might bump the contrast in the second just a bit, but that's me. I've been known to be off on contrast before.

I'm curious about the bigger picture - what's creating the waves in the background counter to the flow of the condensation.

Thanks Deeky, This is one of the rare cases where I like "light" better than "dark".
Much more contrast in the second and it starts looking blocky and overdone I think, it is a really fine line with the dark in this case.
As for the waves, it is a roof of a greenhouse room. It is two layers of plastic with a bubble of air between, the waves are made by the bottom layer having a bit of slack in it because of the heat rising in there.
 
I actually think the second is a much stronger image. I love the rich tones and color, and I suppose I just gravitate to darker images anyway. I'd try darkening just the shadows and lower mid-tones in the lower right to even up the lighting.

Is this as you saw it, partially desaturated or a tinted bw? It has a nice feel to it in any case.
 
Thanks Ken :)
I actually can't really "see" it when I'm shooting, it is too bright, I'm shooting straight up at the plastic from about 16ft below and the sun is directly above, almost like shooting at the sky close to the sun.
Shot settings are F22 ISO100 (light) 125 (dark) Shutter 1/250 (light) 1/500 (dark)
I darkened the whole thing a little to see and got this with a crazy tiny tweak, I bet if I left the ISO @ 100 for the dark shot it would have been "perfect".

 
Nice. Maybe it's my glasses but I swear the first ones moving.
 
I like both of them ...maybe the first one a little more.... Nice job
 
I like the edit. The droplets seem to float over the dark areas.
 
Thanks MSnowy, Mully and Ken :)
 
what exactly is the condensation shot on? side of your house?
 
Thanks Binga :)
Sactown, here is two pics inside and out that I just took with my iPod, sun is just rising so not the greatest angles, we are looking at the plastic roof on the left in pic 1, it's a two layer inflated greenhouse roof and I'm shooting from the floor, straight up inside the room.



$image-239989963.webp



$image-1958191895.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom