What's new

Confederate Cemetery

I like the contrasting angles of the small crosses against the bigger headstone.



I woulda tried to make that more of the focal point in that shot.
 
That some cool shots. :thumbup: Nicely captured
 
1 - I would have put the headstone at the right side of the frame; it looks just a bit crowded this way. (unless there was something to the left of the stone that would have ruined it?)

2 - Nice. Could use a bit more DoF, so that the guy's last name is more legible too. Maybe widen it up a bit to include the year he died.

3 - This one is my favorite. It needs nothing. I'd be tempted to try it as a B&W though, just for kicks.

4 - Again, since the stones are "facing" left, they should be more to the right of the frame, so as not to appear crowded. This is a kind of a variation on 3, but I think 3 works better because the selective DoF is on the middle stone with the 1st & 3rd stones blurry.

5 - I would have been tempted to yank out that clump of grass, focus on the text on the stone, with the fore- and background grass blurred.

6&7 - These don't do anything for me.

8 - This would have been good if not for the background. With a much shallower DoF it might have worked better. I like EYEAM4ANARCHY's cropped version a bit better, as the background isn't so distracting.

Kudos for not doing any editing. It takes nerve, these days, and an unedited photo as good as your 3 means more to me than a heavily edited one that may seem "better".
 
Sorry but I'm a B&W fan. Hope you don't mind.

I do like the shots but I don't care for the tippy tower shots but that is just me.

DSC00135.jpg


DSC00169.jpg
 
WoW! Thanks for all the good advice Jeremy,it is much apreciated. I agree with you on the shots 6-7 (the tower) they didnt look very good to me either but I put them here for c&c anyway.The Tower reminded me of the San Jacinto monument.I did a IR conversion on #3 last night but I couldnt get it right so I abondoned the effort.Will go back in a little while and shoot the last with my 50mm lens and try to blur the mess out of that Background.
Thanks again for all the good critique I am learning quit a bit on this one!!
 
Sorry but I'm a B&W fan. Hope you don't mind.
I dont mind at all.I encourage anyone to edit them as it gives me insight to other techniques and views.Just trying to learn.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom