Confederate Cemetery

I like the contrasting angles of the small crosses against the bigger headstone.

I woulda tried to make that more of the focal point in that shot.

That some cool shots. :thumbup: Nicely captured

1 - I would have put the headstone at the right side of the frame; it looks just a bit crowded this way. (unless there was something to the left of the stone that would have ruined it?)

2 - Nice. Could use a bit more DoF, so that the guy's last name is more legible too. Maybe widen it up a bit to include the year he died.

3 - This one is my favorite. It needs nothing. I'd be tempted to try it as a B&W though, just for kicks.

4 - Again, since the stones are "facing" left, they should be more to the right of the frame, so as not to appear crowded. This is a kind of a variation on 3, but I think 3 works better because the selective DoF is on the middle stone with the 1st & 3rd stones blurry.

5 - I would have been tempted to yank out that clump of grass, focus on the text on the stone, with the fore- and background grass blurred.

6&7 - These don't do anything for me.

8 - This would have been good if not for the background. With a much shallower DoF it might have worked better. I like EYEAM4ANARCHY's cropped version a bit better, as the background isn't so distracting.

Kudos for not doing any editing. It takes nerve, these days, and an unedited photo as good as your 3 means more to me than a heavily edited one that may seem "better".

Sorry but I'm a B&W fan. Hope you don't mind.

I do like the shots but I don't care for the tippy tower shots but that is just me.

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

WoW! Thanks for all the good advice Jeremy,it is much apreciated. I agree with you on the shots 6-7 (the tower) they didnt look very good to me either but I put them here for c&c anyway.The Tower reminded me of the San Jacinto monument.I did a IR conversion on #3 last night but I couldnt get it right so I abondoned the effort.Will go back in a little while and shoot the last with my 50mm lens and try to blur the mess out of that Background.
Thanks again for all the good critique I am learning quit a bit on this one!!

Sorry but I'm a B&W fan. Hope you don't mind.
I dont mind at all.I encourage anyone to edit them as it gives me insight to other techniques and views.Just trying to learn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back