Congratulate me, guys, and give me some advice

Pomo

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You can see on my instagram that I participate in photo exhibitions. And I also organize exhibitions for other people in my region. Last year I got an offer from the state regional art museum to give a course of lectures on art photography. I applied and won a presidential grant that pays for it! I was one of only three people in my area (not being a company) to win such a grant in the arts.

The problem is that now, because of the pandemic restrictions, the museum can't hold lectures and similar events. And the museum suggested that I record all the lectures on video, and they will post them online. This does not meet the requirements of the grant, as it is stipulated that the events will be held live.

I don't know what to do. Reject the grant or try to reschedule? But this pandemic situation could last another year. Or record videos and post them online instead of live events. Or translate my lectures into English and post them on social media?

Isn't "Live" a relative term? Conducting these lectures via Zoom or similar live feed would meet the criteria, since participants have to attend at a certain time, it would just be virtual.

Live doesn't necessarily translate into "in person." Is there a way for you to get clarification on that? You could be fine, really.

And BIG congrats on the grant! :)

Thank you Terri!

What I meant was that according to the grant application, these events were to be held at the museum, not online.

Just record them at the museum and then they will be held at the museum and just happen to be streamed/recorded at the same time.

When the rules aren’t clear then interpret them they way that suits you.

Easier to get forgiveness than permission is my motto.

Thank you Terri!

What I meant was that according to the grant application, these events were to be held at the museum, not online.
Oh, I see. Still, if I were in your shoes, I would try to get clarification. If the museum isn't holding live events, that's obviously out of your control. Your grant might forgive the time frame until the museum is safely opened and it's not a big deal at all. The pandemic is not exactly "new" to anyone, so they should be able to make accommodations.

Not really professional, though. ;) He may want to apply again in other capacities. Why act in a way that could be perceived as uderhanded, when the circumstances are out of his hands and all he has to do is contact these people for guidance?

@Pomo : Good luck with it! Let us know how it goes. :)

Just record them at the museum and then they will be held at the museum and just happen to be streamed/recorded at the same time.

When the rules aren’t clear then interpret them they way that suits you.

Interesting motto, first time I hear it :)

Oh, I see. Still, if I were in your shoes, I would try to get clarification. If the museum isn't holding live events, that's obviously out of your control. Your grant might forgive the time frame until the museum is safely opened and it's not a big deal at all. The pandemic is not exactly "new" to anyone, so they should be able to make accommodations.
Thank you for your recommendations Terri!

Most reactions

Back